Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with SuperV... when the weather man says the heat index is 105 I would agree its getting a little warm.
Answer=2, 6-packs of beer instead of one! :thumbs:
Liquid cooled, Baby!!!!
Toast.gif

I saw these pics the other day. The afternoon dad and I raked & baled this field the actual temp was 102. I was told the heat index was 112+. I went to town that morning and bought a canopy for the old ford so dad was in the shade all afternoon. It was hot that day. I sweated out water as fast as I drank it.

Bunc 01 ( 5).jpg
Bunc 01 ( 8).jpg

We had thunder storms roll thru yesterday afternoon. Heavy rains and high winds within 5 miles of the house. We got thunder and sprinkles for a few minutes.

Sounds liek our weather for past couple years. Parts will get rain with the thunder and lightening storms.We stay in a draught and just get the flash and noise, no rain.

This just makes growing insside with little water look even better for the future.
Its sure not our parents weather.Then they had dust bowls and draugts and floods too so maybe it is. :dunno:

I'm with SuperV... when the weather man says the heat index is 105 I would agree its getting a little warm.
99.1 °F today, and it ain't even August yet!
I'm luvin' it! :woo hoo:
(don't worry, I will pay the price for it. I pay the electric bill for the A/C to keep the women cool)
The new A/C system, installed last October - Priceless!
quickkiss75.gif

Predicted high of 100 here today, but I think it only got to 96. I normally like to get all my chores and errands done as early as possible so I can sit inside with the evaporative cooler running. There were some challenges to being able to do that before about 11:30 today.
I saw these pics the other day. The afternoon dad and I raked & baled this field the actual temp was 102. I was told the heat index was 112+. I went to town that morning and bought a canopy for the old ford so dad was in the shade all afternoon. It was hot that day. I sweated out water as fast as I drank it.

View attachment 45973View attachment 45974
It was when I worked with my uncle, doing custom haying, that I figured out that water doesn't necessarily work for dehydration for me, that I needed something with electrolytes, if I was out in the heat of the day, which is one of the necessities when haying. I am always looking for shade on a hot and sunny day. I can appreciate what a difference the cover made for your dad on that day.

Back