Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like relief from heat is on the way.
  • Wednesday
    Night
    Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 72. East wind around 8 mph.

Mostly Cloudy
    Low: 72 °F
  • Thursday

Thursday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2pm.  Partly sunny, with a high near 88. Breezy, with a south wind 8 to 17 mph.

Breezy.
    Slight Chance
    T-storms then
    Chance
    T-storms
    High: 88 °F
  • Thursday
    Night
    Thursday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 2am.  Mostly cloudy, with a low around 61.

Chance
    T-storms
    Low: 61 °F
  • Friday

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 75.

Sunny
    High: 75 °F
  • Friday
    Night
    Friday Night: Clear, with a low around 55.

Clear
    Low: 55 °F
  • Saturday

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 78.

Sunny
    High: 78 °F

SNOW! I woke up to our first snow. It's not much, just a dusting about an inch to an inch and a half and it will likely melt away this afternoon.
That reminds me to check that the heat pumps are set to heat mode in the garage and shop buildings. I should put antifreeze in my cooling system since I have been running water only since replacing the freeze plugs.

Yeah! More snow. Bring it!

WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
Issue Date:9:17 AM Sun, Nov 8, 2020
Expiration:9:00 PM Sun, Nov 8, 2020...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM AKST THIS
EVENING...

* WHAT...Snow occurring. Additional snow accumulations of 12 to
18 inches expected.

* WHERE...edited for opsec.

* WHEN...Through 9 PM AKST tonight.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult.

Slow down and use caution while traveling.

For the latest road conditions call 5 1 1 or visit
511.alaska.gov.

Last night it got down to 25 degrees, the night before we got a first end of the year dusting of snow at about 3,000 ft. elevation. Thankfully we have a good supply of firewood, I love the feeling of heat from a wood stove.

We're getting ready for the first snow-pocalypse for our area on wednesday into thursday. Right now the weather models are differing on totals ( of course). I've seen totals go from 10 inches to 16.5 inches and just 30mins away up to 19 inches lol.
Whatever the total the local weather page says it will be plowable

Guess this will set a frenzy off *sigh*

I hope to hit the local grocery at 6am monday and then head over to get some bloodwork done before heading home. The medical building doesn't open until 7am anyways so I'll just make a circle and get some things done.

That's exciting @WVDragonlady . Sometimes I miss snow and cold and ugly brown slush and then I'm like nah, not this time. It was near 80 on Thursday. Today we are finally getting rain that lasts for a few hours. Cooled off at night Friday into the 30s, today it's cool. Temps rising back up into the 60s daytime temps this week.
Enjoy your snow. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Latest posts

Back