Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been in low 80s here for about a week. Over 2 weeks with no rain. Over 3" deficit for the year so far.
Today a front is moving thru, 75 right and cloudy. Plus we got .10" of rain around 9am. Expecting a few bands of heavier rain thru the day. Tomorrow may not get out of the 60s

Finally going to be staying above freezing!
Screenshot_20210528-221705~2.png

It's been overcast for 2.5 days... Finally, this afternoon... It sprinkled for about 3 minutes. Sort of funny, all those clouds and I could count the rain drops while I was sitting on the porch sanding. I didn't even bother moving my power cord!

It's been unseasonably warm here with highs around 80* and lows in the upper 40's or low 50's.
Still no rain. We have received one inch of moisture this year so far and almost all of that was snow.
It is incredibly dry. Lakes are very low. Almost no wildflowers. Ranchers are feeding all their stock.

It's been unseasonably warm here with highs around 80* and lows in the upper 40's or low 50's.
Still no rain. We have received one inch of moisture this year so far and almost all of that was snow.
It is incredibly dry. Lakes are very low. Almost no wildflowers. Ranchers are feeding all their stock.

Same here.

It rained most of the day... I'd gotten about 2" when I checked the radar this afternoon... A couple big showers afterwards but it all died down about dark.

6jun21.jpg

Our weekly outlook is low 90s in the daytime and 70s at night. I grilled yesterday evening, by the time I was done I was soaked to the bone spent the rest of the night trying to recover...

Saturday I prepped several small projects, got them sanded, ready for polyurethane or a little stain. Sunday I got over 2 inches of rain. It's rained everyday since, usually at night. My house sits into a hillside, it extremely damp inside, surfaces almost feel moist. It'd take a week for poly to dry.

This morning I woke up to flash flood warnings/watches and this... make that 2 weeks...

10jun21.jpg

Emptied the rain gauge a few minutes ago. I've gottin 4.26 inches since monday. More rain expected (same weather pattern) until Monday the 14th. The rain is supposed to stop then.

Rain is the forecast. Supposed to rain all weekend tho not steady
Already had 1 & 1/2 inches this week.

If you look at one website it says rain every day next week.
If you look at another it says sunshine and low 80's every day next week.

I say look out the damn window. what you see is what you get.

Its ridiculous they can't get anything right with their expensive toys:rolleyes:

Rain is the forecast. Supposed to rain all weekend tho not steady
Already had 1 & 1/2 inches this week.

If you look at one website it says rain every day next week.
If you look at another it says sunshine and low 80's every day next week.

I say look out the damn window. what you see is what you get.

Its ridiculous they can't get anything right with their expensive toys:rolleyes:
Sed it my way!

That week of promised rain has been disappearing just as it hit the plateau were I live.

Ben

Well we hit my favorite temp today, 93°F. My joints love hot weather :D.
We will have 90's thru September. (Warning, snowflakes will melt!).
Charging up the hurricane generator, (The Gulf) as I speak.
Climate change is real (even though it is not man-made:rolleyes:).

Finally, a beautiful sunny day. A little warm, temps in the low 80's but the humidity is still high.

Everything is still soggy, over the last 7 days I've gotten 6.42 inches of rain.

Back