Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our first "twisty-thing" is a little early this year :rolleyes::
MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL3_storm_info_1280x720.jpg

Rotated the gas from last year in the gas cans today.:)

Our first "twisty-thing" is a little early this year :rolleyes::
MAX_WEB_TROP_ATL3_storm_info_1280x720.jpg

Rotated the gas from last year in the gas cans today.:)

Hey! Post louder next time! I missed this... Last week over 7 days I got about 6.5 inches of rain. Accomplished nothing outside and very little inside, how many times can you wash the dishes or sweep? :rolleyes:

I was extremely busy this week trying to get caught up on a dozen projects. To busy to even watch the weather. Today I'd planned to apply polyurethane and finish several small wood working projects. Going to let them bake in the sun today... Oops!

So much for that plan! I woke up to rain, and rain, and even more rain. So far today just under 4 inches. No stormy wind or thunder, just rain!

More expected through the night and tomorrow morning. I knew it was late June, I just forgot that meant twisty thingy season... :oops: The good news... the gulf isn't warm enough to produce big hurricanes yet. Don't expect those until August.

Hey! Post louder next time! I missed this... Last week over 7 days I got about 6.5 inches of rain. Accomplished nothing outside and very little inside, how many times can you wash the dishes or sweep? :rolleyes:

I was extremely busy this week trying to get caught up on a dozen projects. To busy to even watch the weather. Today I'd planned to apply polyurethane and finish several small wood working projects. Going to let them bake in the sun today... Oops!

So much for that plan! I woke up to rain, and rain, and even more rain. So far today just under 4 inches. No stormy wind or thunder, just rain!

More expected through the night and tomorrow morning. I knew it was late June, I just forgot that meant twisty thingy season... :oops: The good news... the gulf isn't warm enough to produce big hurricanes yet. Don't expect those until August.
It took a dog-leg to the right and I knew it was gonna miss us, so it fell off my radar (TWC pun).
And we got all of July to charge the battery in the Gulf with nonstop 90+ degree days.
It just now dropped to 95°F at 7:44 pm as I type... and it ain't even July yet!
Don't worry, we will have it fully charged come August:ghostly:.

80's a lots of clouds from the storm that Peanut is dealing with, but no rain for us...yet.
Fixed it forya'!😉:thumbs: :p
Yeah, it's going to completely miss East Tennessee. Moving NNE:
d1525781-9e26-4432-aea3-ec9d1377dd17-medium16x9_claudette2.JPG

Last edited:
Been watching the radar the last 3 hours… The worm has turned, to borrow a movie line. All day the rain bands have been traveling from the south to NNW, closer to due north.

The storm center is now parallel to me and starting to drift to the east. The rain bands are traveling more from NE to SW, starting to stall out actually. Definitely the leeward side of the storm.

The rain will continue, a tremendous amount of moist air has been pumped out of the gulf northwards. After 11pm I should only be getting light showers, no more heavy bands.

This whole side of the state is still under flashflood warning. Folks in low lying areas need to spend the night on higher ground.

Been watching the radar the last 3 hours… The worm has turned, to borrow a movie line. All day the rain bands have been traveling from the south to NNW, closer to due north.

The storm center is now parallel to me and starting to drift to the east. The rain bands are traveling more from NE to SW, starting to stall out actually. Definitely the leeward side of the storm.
Just jiggle the plug, it will start moving again. :p It's just 'depressed'. Tell it that Cantorie said so:waiting:.

Last edited:

The rain will continue, a tremendous amount of moist air has been pumped out of the gulf northwards. After 11pm I should only be getting light showers, no more heavy bands.

This whole side of the state is still under flashflood warning. Folks in low lying areas need to spend the night on higher ground.
I think I sent this weather from Texas. We had stupid flooding al l spring! Yuck☹️

Sorry to interrupt your lovely bit of rain but but Utah is still high and dry and in a drought and yesterdays dry lightning strike burned over 10,000 acres of land about 12 miles north of me. Only one home lost, along with one other building, and the fire crews did a great job of stopping the fire within feet of the homes at the foot of the hills. Apparently we did have some "rain" as there were a few water spots on the windshield this morning messing up the otherwise perfect coating of dust and ash. Fortunately the scattered clouds and haze from the fire kept todays temps in the low 90's.
I keep watching the weather radar off the Pacific hoping one of the clusters of clouds comes across Southern Utah but so far no luck.

Tropical depression Claudette is finally out of here. It dumped 5.43 inches of rain and I feel lucky. 30 miles to the south they got 7 1/2 inches. The stormed turned east just in time. I didn't get that last massive band of rain.

Sunny and muggy today... But tomorrow? Another low pressure trough will bring more rain through Tuesday, oh goody!

Edit to add, since the 1st of June I've gotten 12.33 inches of rain, over 1/2 inch a day average.

Last edited:
Tropical depression Claudette is finally out of here. It dumped 5.43 inches of rain and I feel lucky. 30 miles to the south they got 7 1/2 inches. The stormed turned east just in time. I didn't get that last massive band of rain.

Sunny and muggy today... But tomorrow? Another low pressure trough will bring more rain through Tuesday, oh goody!

Edit to add, since the 1st of June I've gotten 12.33 inches of rain, over 1/2 inch a day average.
Glad you are ok! A lot of damage in Nana.

Yep, more rain. About an inch so far today...

View attachment 68385
Now, you're supposed to be happy.
All of your plants and your garden are getting watered reeal good, for free!:woo hoo:
But too much of a good thing can be a pain in the pirogue, huh?
It held off most of the day here and is pouring now. Over 1/2" in 20 minutes so far.
Edit: 1" in 40 minutes, still pouring...1.5" in an hour. Still going...

Last edited:
Now, you're supposed to be happy.
All of your plants and your garden are getting watered reeal good, for free!:woo hoo:
But too much of a good thing can be a pain in the pirogue, huh?
It held off most of the day here and is pouring now. Over 1/2" in 20 minutes so far.
Edit: 1" in 40 minutes, still pouring...
I am happy that we just got good watering this afternoon.

Ben

Between Oct 1 and end of April (7 months!), we got 9.51" of precip - drought! Can't actually find May's rainfall -

Still dry and warm here.
And Arizona has more than a dozen active wildfires right now with the biggest being a quarter million acres.
Often smoky at our place but so far no fires close enough to be a danger to us.

It's dry here but we've been having storms blow past us almost every evening. There are a few lightening started fires in the area. The largest is almost 88,000 acres but the smoke we are getting is blowing out of AZ.

Last edited:
Back