Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added it up and year to date, we've had 4.28" of precip. I think they are counting if someone spits. That is Jan-Mar also which is usually when we get lots of "weather". We are dryer 'n a popcorn fart as the saying goes and teetering about the century mark each day. Supposed to get a bit of a break Thurs-Sat and highs about 90.

The summer that never happened continues. Simply cold and it hit 38F this morning. The wife officially gave up on her veggie garden yesterday, the first time she has done so in our 37 years of gardening. I will start to build her a greenhouse this fall for next year. My potatoes, fortunately, look to be thriving.

Today
Isolated Showers
Day: Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Highs around 51°F. East southeast wind to 6 MPH. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Isolated Showers
Night: Partly cloudy with isolated showers. Lows around 39°F. West southwest wind to 10 MPH. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.

Currently 87 degrees above, I think that is a record for here at the cabin. Interesting what 20 plus hours of sun can produce. I always have a roaring giggle when people who are clueless reference you can't have a good garden in Alaska. We grow some of the largest produce in the world.

It has cooled down today. Only going to be 89 instead of the 90s and 100s we have been having for the last few weeks.
The hottest temp I have seen was 118.5 with 11% humidity.
The worst thing is August is normally the hottest month so it's only going to get hotter.
At least we have really low humidity. I have seen 11% to 25% so it's a dry heat.

Back