Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pouring!! My cows feed pan is 4 inches deep and it's overflowing. I know because I ran out in the hail to let her in the barn. Ouch! There is a river running past the greenhouse and we had enough hail to make it look like it snowed. My poor grapes, potatoes and corn.....

IMG_20210722_152006305.jpg
IMG_20210722_151927019~2.jpg

The weather is crazy all over the world.
According to the raving crazy woman at the store, it's the Chinese, the Russians, or maybe both she wasn't positive.
I told her I read it was the Democrats or maybe Trump. She shook her head and walked off muttering.
It is not nice to tease crazy ladies. She probably spent the rest of the day Googling if is was the dems or the reps and getting further confused with articles about Bill Gates.

:rolleyes:

Ben

91°. like Pearl said, regular Texas weather on it's way back home. supposed to be 100° every day next week. blech.
@Terri9630 hope everything made it through ok.
@backlash I'm surprised most people have no clue what is going on in the rest of the world, as if it is too big to keep up with the news. The flooding in Europe, for one.

Do you get damaging hail often enough?

Corn damage yes. But spuds?

Have the spuds set flowers yet?

Ben

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

It was hail like we got today that caused me to slide off the road back in April. The corn is shredded, the potatoes are damaged but not sure how bad yet. They have already bloomed and dropped the flowers .

Yes, yes, yes and yes.

It was hail like we got today that caused me to slide off the road back in April. The corn is shredded, the potatoes are damaged but not sure how bad yet. They have already bloomed and dropped the flowers .
OK so it sounds like the investment.

I believe potatoes start spuds when the flowers appear. They may still survive and produce.

Ben

OK so it sounds like the investment.

I believe potatoes start spuds when the flowers appear. They may still survive and produce.

Ben

I think the potatoes will still produce. They just won't look "pretty" anymore. The corn... Not so sure of.

Before. After will have to wait until tomorrow.
IMG_20210721_191320590.jpg
IMG_20210721_191439425.jpg

You should see what my potatoes look like after Bambi works them over. They still produce but the yields are down.

Ben
The deer eat your potatoes? The elk walked right past mine without even slowing down. You can see the tracks in the mud on the picture. I don't even think they (2) noticed I was in the greenhouse.

It's pouring!! My cows feed pan is 4 inches deep and it's overflowing. I know because I ran out in the hail to let her in the barn. Ouch! There is a river running past the greenhouse and we had enough hail to make it look like it snowed. My poor grapes, potatoes and corn.....
Oh hail😲

Almost 8" last night and it's pouring/hailing again. That's almost a years worth of rain in 2 days. Hubby fixed the driveway and the road in front of our property. Looks like he is going to have to do it again.
Saw the flooding in the desert wx report. Wow, had that kind of stupid rain in N Tx, looks like it's finally over. Feel for you!!!!

A few small showers again today... How many days in a row has it rained? I lost track, 10, 20, 30days? Since Sunday I've gotten about 2 inches.

Beef farmers were on the news today. No one has been able to cut and bale hay except in small batches. One guy said he normally has all the hay he needs for winter by the end of July. As of today he had 20% of what he'll need. There is plenty of grass, just not enough consecutive rain free days for hay to dry and be baled.

A few small showers again today... How many days in a row has it rained? I lost track, 10, 20, 30days? Since Sunday I've gotten about 2 inches.

Beef farmers were on the news today. No one has been able to cut and bale hay except in small batches. One guy said he normally has all the hay he needs for winter by the end of July. As of today he had 20% of what he'll need. There is plenty of grass, just not enough consecutive rain free days for hay to dry and be baled.
The hay farmers here (N Tx) have only had one cutting, usually looking at the third by now. Was too wet this year.

Latest posts

Back