Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings from your friend one county to your west😁. My county is not in the heat advisory, but topped out at 104°!
Ha. Then you should have been in the heat advisory. My car temp gauge said 103° but I think those are going by road temps, right? Anyway, here's my seasonal affectiveness disorder. Too hot to go outside. I don't have a pool but I know a pool is no relief when it is this hot, pool water almost makes me feel sick at this temp.

Ha. Then you should have been in the heat advisory. My car temp gauge said 103° but I think those are going by road temps, right? Anyway, here's my seasonal affectiveness disorder. Too hot to go outside. I don't have a pool but I know a pool is no relief when it is this hot, pool water almost makes me feel sick at this temp.
Been outside all day, and in the pool!! This is my kind of weather😁👍

All weekend was low 90s rain passed by us, but nothing here. Today it is expected to be in the low 90s again with a chance of showers..... I'll believe it when I see it.

We must have the worst weather people in the country, I think that they only forecast what is PC...... and anything but the truth....

Its only 83 outside but the humidity is making it feel like 95. Its nasty humid out.
Supposed to get to a heat index of 100 today
Gonna be hot for the next 2 weeks apparently
We "might" get rain on thursday. :rolleyes:

10" of rain in a very short time causes lots of damage. We didn't loose anything but our county was declared a disaster area. Our roads are/were a mess. Hubby has been on the tractor since Friday helping clear the rocks out of the roads and fixing the neighborhood driveways. That was the worst I've heard of in our immediate area but there are other places that had mud and water run through homes. Down by our mail boxes (4 miles away) the road was gone, fences are gone and at least one mule is missing.

The hay farmers here (N Tx) have only had one cutting, usually looking at the third by now. Was too wet this year.
My 3rd cutting was usually in the first 10 days of August so I understand what those folks are facing. I'd be really worried about it by now and praying for a very long and very mild fall. An early winter will increase the amount of hay they need by 20%-25%.

With things as they are now there will be a shortage of winter rye and fescue seed this fall so if you need late winter graze I'd buy seed now.

At least I had one no-rain day. Today there were hit and miss showers for most of the state. I got a couple. Temps were about 90 and humidity was high.

High nineties with insane heat indexes. We're getting ready to hit the usual triple digits on the thermometer.

I really shouldn't complain...with all the cool rain we had this spring and early summer. But I will because it messed with garden necessities such as sowing seed and caring for my poor little bedraggled kittens plants.

Enough of reminiscing... Right now it feels this hot:

melted kayak.png

No joke: here's how to protect your kayak...

https://kayakandfish.com/2020/05/30/kayaks-melting-in-the-sun-how-to-protect-yours-today/

We just had 8.3954 drops of rain - blessed moisture. Wish it would pour down.
The endless puddles in the yard here are finally going away. We are up to 3-1/2 days in the last 2 months that are 'rain-free'. :woo hoo:
This is important for us because if we get a 'spinny-thing' that dumps 2 feet of water, we gotta have some place to put it... besides the living room.:rolleyes:
Oh btw, the sugarcane down here has grown 6-feet in the last month alone:oops:.
Pour some sugar in your coffee... we gotcha covered! :thumbs:

The endless puddles in the yard here are finally going away. We are up to 3-1/2 days in the last 2 months that are 'rain-free'. :woo hoo:
This is important for us because if we get a 'spinny-thing' that dumps 2 feet of water, we gotta have some place to put it... besides the living room.:rolleyes:
Oh btw, the sugarcane down here has grown 6-feet in the last month alone:oops:.
Pour some sugar in your coffee... we gotcha covered! :thumbs:
"spinny-thing" :LOL:

"spinny-thing" :LOL:
That's what I call 'em.
Allison was never a hurricane but destroyed the entire contents of the house I am now living in, 20 years ago. Just because Jim Cantory doesn't show up, does not mean it isn't real.☹
Wikipedia said:
Then the fourth-costliest Atlantic tropical cyclone and still the costliest Atlantic tropical cyclone that was never a major hurricane, Allison was the first Atlantic tropical storm to have its name retired without ever having reached hurricane strength.
Bad spinny thing. :mad:

That's what I call 'em.
Allison was never a hurricane but destroyed the entire contents of the house I am now living in, 20 years ago. Just because Jim Cantory doesn't show up, does not mean it isn't real.☹

Bad spinny thing. :mad:
I don't envy that situation, though southerners seem to deal with it. On the other hand, we deal with those hot flamey things. I know others probably think the same of fire - can't imagine it.

Third day of 104°. Couple of t-storms to the north, hope they stay there.
Hearing the thunder over here, it has gotten a bit dark. Dropped down to 99°. You should stop wearing your bikini at the pool. That's why it's so hot over there. Looks like it is to my west and headed south, headed for you. 🌩⛈
I wish it would rain here. Knock the dust off.
Dog isn't certain if she should be worried about the thunder so she's resting near me.

Hearing the thunder over here, it has gotten a bit dark. Dropped down to 99°. You should stop wearing your bikini at the pool. That's why it's so hot over there. Looks like it is to my west and headed south, headed for you. 🌩⛈
Dog isn't certain if she should be worried about the thunder so she's resting near me.
Hail, wind, 3/4" rain in 30mn, not right. NO bikini for me!

@Pearl we didn't get a drop, wind didn't even pick up. Hope everything is okay over your way. (you know I was kidding about the bikini).
Crazy storm, no damage! Heard it for about 40 min before it hit. All good with the bikini❤️❤️❤️, as long as I'm not wearing one,😁😳

More t-storms here again. Very small storms area wise, but packing a punch! Patchouli, I think you got some today??!!
sure did, that was fun and had to go out in it right after it started and it stopped by the time I got home. Nice for a change. It got down to 78° which felt cold when my clothes were wet. Creeping back up into the 90s already. It rained very hard for about a half hour. I'm happy to have it.

Hail, wind, 3/4" rain in 30mn, not right. NO bikini for me!
You two have all the fellas keeping an eye on this thread. With all that talk of bikinis, they're waiting for pix 😂
Hot here yesterday, today, tomorrow, daftermarrow ~ How 'bout I just let you know when we are unmelted?

Latest posts

Back