Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I woke up in the middle of night and heard a soft noise. I laid there half asleep for several long seconds before I identified it. Rain. It was rain dripping on my window sill. That's how little rain we've been getting. lol

Not all of it... we have some here. Triple digit weather, sure hope the monsoon kicks in pronto because this heat is drying everything out, BIG-TIME. We're already under drought conditions too, and that ain't helping. My water bill has been on the rise lately... I'm not looking forward to the next electric bill either, now that I'm running the A/C more often. :confused:

Not all of it... we have some here. Triple digit weather, sure hope the monsoon kicks in pronto because this heat is drying everything out, BIG-TIME. We're already under drought conditions too, and that ain't helping. My water bill has been on the rise lately... I'm not looking forward to the next electric bill either, now that I'm running the A/C more often. :confused:
Actually looks like a lot of people will be dealing with the heat!!

Well, so far we have had moderate rain and below normal temps. Not ideal boating weather but OK for fishing.

Patchouli and I are hogging it all🌞

Well dang it, share a little will ya??? I mean the garden isn't even growing at this rate. The lawn sure is though and needs mowed again......and I just did it 3 days ago

Surprisingly, it didn't rain today but still cool in the low 60's. Right now at almost 8pm, it's 55 and I'm tempted to start a fire in the stove. Instead I'll just bundle up and hope for better days ahead

Well dang it, share a little will ya??? I mean the garden isn't even growing at this rate. The lawn sure is though and needs mowed again......and I just did it 3 days ago

Surprisingly, it didn't rain today but still cool in the low 60's. Right now at almost 8pm, it's 55 and I'm tempted to start a fire in the stove. Instead I'll just bundle up and hope for better days ahead
Not much is growing here because it's so hot and dry!! 10:30pm, 86° 👍

Yes, very hot here and breezy too... glad to be back in the A/C. I wish this really hot weather would just go away, it's drying out the soil even worse than usual and my plants are looking a bit haggard. Can't seem to water 'em enough with this heat and the ongoing drought. Wish the monsoon would get here already and start cooling things down... :confused:

Edit: Just looked outside, and there were half a dozen birds splashing in the nearest birdbath, lol... those little guys know that I change the water every day, and the three birdbaths are a godsend in this hot weather. This afternoon, there'll be all kinds of birds hittin' the baths, watering up and cooling off... the quail blocks are still going strong too, lol. Cheers!!! :cool:

Last edited:
I like the tanagers, they are cool... we get quite a few wild bird species here, so the scene at the birdbaths is often colorful! Yellow, red, blue, orange, brown, subtle green... some birds even have a purplish hue. Nice colors! :cool:

Pearl, I like when the windblown dust & sand make my eyeballs gritty... grating in their sockets, lol. :oops:

This week it cooled down a bit, we are getting low 90s in the daytime and low 70s at night. About every 3rd day we are getting a thunderstorm rolling through, which is perfect because my rain barrels only hold enough water for about 5 days...

This year I planted pole beans along the south side of the house, it is un-shaded and the pole beans are now about between 7' and 8' tall, they are a foot away from the house and they are helping the AC work much better, southern rooms that are normally very hot in the afternoon are just fine, and the AC does not seem to be working as much as in the past.

I feel for you french fries crisping up. We had that last year for about 6+ weeks (of triple digits starting in June.)
We cleared up and no rain today - mid 60s low 46 last night. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 70s with lows in the 50s & rain on Sunday. Should be good for the garden. Like @JustMe said, doesn't give the garden a lot to grow on being that chilly. I'm wantin' my grub ☺

I feel for you french fries crisping up. We had that last year for about 6+ weeks (of triple digits starting in June.)
We cleared up and no rain today - mid 60s low 46 last night. The rest of the week is supposed to be in the 70s with lows in the 50s & rain on Sunday. Should be good for the garden. Like @JustMe said, doesn't give the garden a lot to grow on being that chilly. I'm wantin' my grub ☺
Ok, now I want french fries!:🤪

Still morning here, it will be worse later.

Screen Shot 2022-06-15 at 10.42.37 AM.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back