Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thunderstorms and tons of rain. Road was flooded. The rain let up briefly when I went out to my truck and then was only drizzling a bit on the way home. Sky opened up when I was about to get out of my truck though.

Took this video of my flooded road. Started about halfway down the little road and almost to my front gate. At least I got an undercarriage wash. And the rain washed away the peeled paint.

Thunderstorms and tons of rain. Road was flooded. The rain let up briefly when I went out to my truck and then was only drizzling a bit on the way home. Sky opened up when I was about to get out of my truck though.

Took this video of my flooded road. Started about halfway down the little road and almost to my front gate. At least I got an undercarriage wash. And the rain washed away the peeled paint.
View attachment 103298
Cool video, thanks for the ride!!

We are getting freezing rain now, and the temps are not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday. They are predicting more ice tomorrow, so we are hunkering down again.

currently 29°, partly cloudy, feels like 17. going to be in the 20s? all day tomorrow? Rain in the afternoon.
No rain, FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET! We got an UPGRADE, now a WINTER STORM WARNING!! Today through Wednesday, I'm betting ice Thursday morning too!! Power outages and horrific travel!! Chainsaws are ready for all the broken tree limbs!! Hoping the giant Hackberry close to the back of the house makes out ok!😕🤞

1675091127766.png

60+ degrees here, intermittent showers. Supposed to continue for the next 10days.

At noon the weather man said the ice storm will stay northwest of me. Hope it does, not that worried about ice though. The ground is so warm it'd melt quickly.

You folks in the ice be careful and stay warm.

It was 61°F after 1am when Mom got out of the ER last night. I had taken off my cardigan to lay over her because she was cold in the hospital and she wanted to wear it out to the truck. They had her take her sweater off and she had difficulty getting it over her head so I figured the cardigan would be more comfortable and helped her put it on. I was wearing a spaghetti strap shirt since they are easy to get on and off with my bum shoulder. I didn't even feel cold outside. It actually got colder by 9am though.

More rain on the schedule.

Woke up to 4 degrees and at least an inch of new snow. Currently 20 degrees and the predicted high is to be 29 degrees.
We need the moisture. The mountains need the moisture to help refill the water reservoirs. We are just not used to the layers of snow on layers of ice. We usually lose it all before the next round comes along.

Back