Weather in your area?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We FINALLY got some rain last night! Not that much, but at least it rained, and there's supposed to be more on the way this afternoon and evening, a 60% chance. I hope it pours, this dry ground needs a good soaking... it has been a long tough haul without rain for several months. :(

Yesterday it was bright and sunny until I decided to go bring my trim pieces up from the workshop. It started sprinkling a little as I walked out the door. By the time I got to the workshop and started bringing stuff out to my truck it was full on downpour. Fortunately my trim was all PVC so it was easy to dry off. I took longer to dry off. LOL. It stopped raining not too long after I got it put in the house.

Today looks sunny.

Send it this way Pearl. We really need some rain
I think I accidentally sent her the 'shotgun-showers' we had the last two days. :(
Terrible, but all done in an hour.
...That rapid temp-drop sure rings a bell.
64244-nod.gif

This is different. The display on my computer shows the current weather as

1686135921718.png

Air quality around Rochester, NY has been downgraded to "it's best if you don't breathe". Smoke from Canadian wildfires has made its way here and the air is brown - the smell of smoke is everywhere and the sun is pretty well blotted out.

It has been hot and dry. We have have weather alerts for poor air quality. There is a chance of rain this afternoon, but no more precip in the forecast until Sunday.

I think we all need the rain. Well, maybe not Pearl. :dunno:

View attachment 109723

Air quality around Rochester, NY has been downgraded to "it's best if you don't breathe". Smoke from Canadian wildfires has made its way here and the air is brown - the smell of smoke is everywhere and the sun is pretty well blotted out.
We are getting smoke down here. Higher altitude cause I haven't smelt it. But making it overcast for sure

Seriously though, didn’t see a drop today! Nothing! Dark clouds, yes; one time at work weather alert on my computer said “lightning nearby,” but I might have heard distant thunder.
You even had hail!?
No hail, just heavy rain and a t-storm.

Very, very weird this smoke from Canada. Hazy really doesn’t describe it. More like heavy fog, but not quite. And the ’bonfire’ smell is throughout the house, even with the windows closed. We’re hundreds of miles away. I can’t imagine what it must be like near the source. Prayers for all who are dealing with it in Canada.

View attachment 109723

Watching that on TV now. Astounding.
...Of course it took only minutes for the "climate-change" zealots to take to the soapbox:rolleyes:.
"We've been warning you about this, but you wouldn't listen! gaah"

We had rain & hail last night... hail in June at roughly 4340' elevation in south central New Mexico, lol. The largest hail was the size of marbles, but it still made a racket on the metal carport... I was standing under the carport at the time, as I got caught in a downpour while emptying & refilling the birdbaths with clean water. Anyway, we got some much-needed rain, so I didn't have to water this morning. Looking forward to riding the big ol' thumper tomorrow, it has been awhile... :cool:

I think I accidentally sent her the 'shotgun-showers' we had the last two days. :(
Terrible, but all done in an hour.
Aaaand another 'shotgun-shower' for us today :rolleyes:.
.69" in a half hour:oops:.
It's weird how it can be dead-calm, storm like crazy, and then be dead-calm an hour later:dunno:.
Edit: Oh, I forgot the good part - we don't have to water plants today!:DEverything got poured on today, even the ones 4' inside the patio:thumbs:.

Last edited:
We have been dry, and hazy. Tonight I worked outside and it was ugly. It looked like a dry fog under the street lamps, but it had a taste like firewood burning and it burned my eyes a bit... Not good if you don't have an air filtration system.... We could sure use some rain to clean the air...

Storms tomorrow!?
I got me one! :thumbs:
DW mowed the lawn this morning, instead of afternoon as usual.
Turned out to be a good thing.
We made it up to 91°🙂 before our daily 'shotgun-shower' showed up and dropped it to 71°🥶.
We got 2.47" in about an hour and a half.:oops:
Welcome to the swamp!:woo hoo:
IMG_20230610_143708.jpg

Edit: And why I use the term 'shotgun'... half an hour later, clear blue sky and full sunshine 🙂.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back