Weaving Loom

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think anyone in your friend's family is interested in it at all?
After one of my family members passed away, this person's musical instrument was given to someone out of the family. A few years later i mentioned that i was interested in taking lessons for that kind of instrument, having forgotten about their possession of it. They gave it to me. They had never repaired it or used it.

Do you think anyone in your friend's family is interested in it at all?
After one of my family members passed away, this person's musical instrument was given to someone out of the family. A few years later i mentioned that i was interested in taking lessons for that kind of instrument, having forgotten about their possession of it. They gave it to me. They had never repaired it or used it.
No likely, her sons wives don't do old fashion things only poor people do those things.
So I was told second daughter-in-law of hers.
But I had asked the other boys(6 grown men) got the same response.
Those things she called poor people things I've done all my life.
My grandparents grew up in depression, all their children were raised with the same mindset.
As was me and my siblings, my sons were raised similarly, will pass the knowledge on to Estelle too.
It's a beautiful homemade loom, her grandfather made it for her at nine year old from Hickory tree on the family farm.
I got everything in a box thrust at me.

If it doesn't sell, maybe your county's historical society would be interested in it.
How easily people forget their roots, or the roots of creativity. Certainly their loss. "Poor people things." Proud much? A gracious no thank you would have been sufficient. Except they weren't taught social graces. Sorry, mo.

Tabletop weaving looms are not that hard to use, if you want to try it.
You Tube has a number of videos on it. I use mine mostly in the winter when it is cold a nasty.
For right now it's in the top of the sewing room closet.
One of the grand daughters of my friend said she would like to learn.
She said Grammy was supposed to teacher her.
But Grammy passed, so I will check out you tube and see if I can figure it out.

Sorry ladies but I'm better in the yard than sewing room . I wish I did learn to do it but my city slicker Bohemian , gun slinger mother never owned a sewing machine or ball of yearn. But she could play a piano like Mozarc or shoot the head off a rattle snakes at 10 yards. And a self appointed humane society for stray animals.

Last edited:
Back