Weird

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Ok,I am usually pretty good on computers, but this has me stumped. Up until about a week ago, I could watch CBS all access with no problems. Now nothing will stream on it. I am running W7. CBS says that is not a problem. I can still access and stream, Netflix, tubi, Peacock, Hulu etc. with no problem. I reset my modem. Rebooted my computer, signed out and back into CBS. My wife is running 8.1 and she has no problem streaming all access. I have tried google chrome, firefox and opera. Does the same. The site will come up. It is all normal until I click on "watch"and then it just thinks. I even tried "system restore" back to when it worked. Contacted CBS and their techs have no idea. i am lost.

Oh, I also turned off firewalls and anti-virus with no luck.

Oh, I also turned off firewalls and anti-virus with no luck.
Check that the CC card you signed up with is not blocking payment.
Some cards see an unusual activity and just shut down everything.
This will be good to know before you take off traveling and try to gas up with a dead card.
If that is all you had to pay with, you would find yourself stranded.

I am using the same card on another site.

Using your wife's access to the CBS stuff... Log in using her computer and check/verify everything about your account, including payment methods... Afterwards, you then know the problem isn't on their end, no assumptions. You can then concentrate on your computer.

I'd start by comparing all the network settings with those on your wife's computer. You could have accidentally done something like block cookies or a software update on your system changed them for you by reverting to default setups.

I use an Opera browser on Windows 10. It will work fine with the Opera VPN engaged, but I have to shut off the Tracker Blocker feature for the browser, otherwise the players won't initiate & stream.

Turned off all blockers. My wife is using a different card. Logged into her account on my computer, still won't stream.

Are you and the Mrs. trying to stream at the same time? Some subscriptions only allow one device per account to be streaming at a time.

We had the same issue with Disney +. It worked everywhere except on our living room tv. An update wouldn't let it play.

It doesn't use flash to work does it? Because Opera keeps giving me a pop-up about how adobe is going to stop supporting flash and to delete from my pc.

Are you and the Mrs. trying to stream at the same time? Some subscriptions only allow one device per account to be streaming at a time.
She created her own account. Besides all access allows 3 screens.

It doesn't use flash to work does it? Because Opera keeps giving me a pop-up about how adobe is going to stop supporting flash and to delete from my pc.
I downloaded HTML5, the new player. Still doesn't work.

Last edited:
After 2 weeks of fighting this, I get an email from CBS telling me that it is their fault. They are now working o it.

Computers... Promises to make our lives simpler, easier, & gift us with more free time. Pity you can't recycle broken promises.

I don't know... The democrats have been recycling their broken promises for decades. ;)

Back