• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

Well, hell has apparently frozen over!

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Cnsper

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Willie Nelson has quit smoking weed

It’s like Michael Jordan retiring from the NBA. It’s like Donald Trump quitting Twitter. It’s like Lindsay Lohan forsaking drama.

Willie Nelson has quit weed.

The country icon — whose smoking habit was rivaled only by Snoop Dogg‘s — told KSAT TV, “I have abused my lungs quite a bit in the past, so breathing is a little more difficult these days and I have to be careful.”

The 86-year-old added, “I don’t smoke anymore — take better care of myself.”

Nelson has allegedly smoked weed on the roof of the White House, has credited the drug with saving his life, and his personal stash was so powerful that it inspired the Toby Keith song, “I’ll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again.”

Neither, apparently, will anyone else.

Sentry18

Hired Gun
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Probably can't feel it anymore. Needed to move up the dope ladder a couple rungs.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Smoking is bad for your health. That's why I'm addicted to Nicorette gum.
Yep. A little more of 'the rest of the story':
Wikipedia said:
"While swimming in Hawaii in 1981, Nelson's lung collapsed. He was taken to the Maui Memorial Hospital and his scheduled concerts were canceled.[173] Nelson temporarily stopped smoking cigarettes each time his lungs became congested, and resumed when the congestion ended.[174] He was then smoking between two and three packs per day. After suffering from pneumonia several times, he decided to quit either marijuana or tobacco. He chose to quit tobacco.[175] In 2008, he started to smoke marijuana with a carbon-free system to avoid the effects of smoke."

Last edited:

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Staff member
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I went to his concert in El Paso a few years ago and the smoke was so thick that I had to fill out a cya report in case I was pulled for a random drug test.

Latest posts