Well, here I am...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aDave

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Greetings.

My name is Dave, and I come from the Talk Firearms site that was recently closed down. Not sure what happened yet, but it's somewhat disconcerting to not being "in the know" as I was a mod there. I guess that's another topic of discussion.

I originally started with the Admin/mod group at Glockforum and moved to Talk Firearms when it was established.

Now, I find myself here following @havasu as someone who has turned into a good friend.

Don't know where I'll fit in just yet, though I have an expertise in some firearms (Glocks, specifically, having gone to advanced armorers school), and I am interested in prepping discussions. I shoot other stuff, so maybe I'll find a common thread there.

ETA: I retired from a FD where I spent my last 23 years as an arson investigator. 34 years total in the Department. Still a licensed paramedic (37 years), and I find myself instructing in areas related to arson/explosives and first aid/CPR.

For the most part, I'm thinking I'll be lurking for a while.

Thanks for having me.

Last edited:
Glad you came aboard Dave. Gotta watch out for some of these members here. They can be ornery, mean, nice, friendly, caring and grumpy. Well, I own the grumpy status, just don't tell anyone here. :LOL:

Welcome to here, Dave. I am one of the ahem...nice and friendly ones! :D (pssst..I have never seen any trolls or mean folks here. I think Havasu and Angie must be locking 'em up in the basement or something.)

I usually hang out in the hunting, fishing, survival, wild edibles & medicine threads...

Welcome from Iowa! Retired paramedic, currently a part time/reserve deputy and fellow gun guy! In the midst of a move to our new homestead, so will get on more soon. From a newbie here, the folks are warm, friendly and full of good info.

Well. . . full of something anyway. :LOL:

Hi Dave, you can come in now. Just wear your helmet, & try not to move your lips.

Somebody put the stump in the fire to keep it going. We'll cut some more for you and other new folks. (as soon as I cab get out of this recliner...)

Latest posts

Back