Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
81259306_1425680564278299_6977908502075680595_n.jpg

Wow! I guess that explains the term, "busy as a bee".

Gene therapy is on the horizon! :)

Valentine was never married or involved in a serious relationship. How did this clergyman become the patron saint for lovers?

Valentine was never married or involved in a serious relationship. How did this clergyman become the patron saint for lovers?

IIRC it was because he was marrying young couple who were in love after the Church put out a temporary ban on marriages. After he was locked up he would sent notes expressing his love to people, which is where Valentine cards came from.

Yes, There are people immune to the plague. ;)

IIRC it was because he was marrying young couple who were in love after the Church put out a temporary ban on marriages. After he was locked up he would sent notes expressing his love to people, which is where Valentine cards came from.

So, after the church imprisoned him they saw fit to canonize him? What a very weird organization. :)

That may be true - we are talking about the largest international corporation in the world.
I am saving up for my own sainthood starting today...it may take a while so if anyone wants to donate I'll give you an address to send cash, gold or silver. :)

I am saving up for my own sainthood starting today...it may take a while so if anyone wants to donate I'll give you an address to send cash, gold or silver. :)

I will see if I can catch a popular priest up to no-good, then we can just quid-pro-quo you up to Saint Sheepdog, Patron Saint of All Metal Handguns.

Not just metal - STEEL! I think we need more than one but then that shouldn't really be a problem either. ;)

Latest posts

Back