Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I wrote is true. Anything else wouldn't make sense. If that was true we would either be flooded or burning up at different times. Our oceans would rise and fall too quickly. According to science earth has not lost a single drop od water and thats the science I'll believe. Now your a smart man SuperV but I think this ime this science is correct. I did floor me whe nI read it though,like WOW! right this time.
Well don't take my word for it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/atmospheric_escape
Mostly we lose hydrogen and helium, but that is not all we lose.
Atmospheric molecules can also escape from the polar regions on a planet with a magnetosphere, due to the polar wind. Near the poles of a magnetosphere, the magnetic field lines are open, allowing a pathway for ions in the atmosphere to exhaust into space.
BTW, all of the hydrogen came from H2O (also known as water).

Oh look! We got a tail too! (just like a comet):
200px-Plasma_fountain.gif

Last edited:
Well don't take my word for it.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/atmospheric_escape
Mostly we lose hydrogen and helium, but that is not all we lose.

BTW, all of the hydrogen came from H2O (also known as water).

Oh look! We got a tail too! (just like a comet):
View attachment 41919

The process of gases also put off carbon monoxide which is then taken up by the forest thats why if we keep killing the rain forest by taking out these forest that protect us from poisonous while at saame time create compounds that supply the release of oxigen and helium,.
I studied all of this in plant science [mind blowing ] in Horticulture class in college. forgot most of what I learned although I made good grades and never failed one test.Only one semester but what a load of formulars.

Last edited:
OK, since we're talking forests and such and we're in the interesting facts thread...

Everyone talks about the Amazon and it being the largest forest in the world. Actually, it's not even close. There's what's called the Taiga. It goes all the way around the earth in the high northern hemisphere. That forest is so big that the section that's in Russia alone is bigger than all of China and India combined. The Taiga is almost twice the size as the Amazon.

OK, since we're talking forests and such and we're in the interesting facts thread...

Everyone talks about the Amazon and it being the largest forest in the world. Actually, it's not even close. There's what's called the Taiga. It goes all the way around the earth in the high northern hemisphere. That forest is so big that the section that's in Russia alone is bigger than all of China and India combined. The Taiga is almost twice the size as the Amazon.

Its in trouble too Zoom.
https://ypte.org.uk/factsheets/rainforests/what-are-the-threats-to-the-rainforests
Forests are destroyed for a number of reasons:-

1) The growth of populations in countries with rainforest.

2) An increase in worldwide demand for tropical hardwoods has put a greater strain on the rainforests.

3) Cattle Grazing in South America.

4) Soya plantations in South America.

5) Palm oil plantations in Indonesia.

6) Mining.

7) Hydroelectric dams in South America.

Logging

Forests are destroyed for a number of reasons:-

1) The growth of populations in countries with rainforest.

2) An increase in worldwide demand for tropical hardwoods has put a greater strain on the rainforests.

3) Cattle Grazing in South America.

4) Soya plantations in South America.

5) Palm oil plantations in Indonesia.

6) Mining.

7) Hydroelectric dams in South America.

Logging

1589300673876.png

1589300813445.png

Last edited:

Thank you. I get so tired of people worshiping the Amazon rain forest as mankind's only source of oxygen.
As a matter of fact, a large portion of our oxygen (~50%) comes from a forest much bigger than the Taiga and Amazon combined. Can you guess where it is?

The oceans?
Correct! The plankton forests in the oceans dwarf all land-based plants and trees.
Wikipedia said:
Phytoplankton absorb energy from the Sun and nutrients from the water to produce their own nourishment or energy. In the process of photosynthesis, phytoplankton release molecular oxygen (O2) into the water as a waste byproduct. It is estimated that about 50% of the world's oxygen is produced via phytoplankton photosynthesis...
Furthermore, phytoplankton photosynthesis has controlled the atmospheric CO2/O2 balance since the early Precambrian Eon.
Here's a satellite view of the chlorophyll in them (which turns CO2 into O2):
Plankton_satellite_image.jpg

Last edited:
In the Americans rainforset ranchers are using a Silvopasture or cattle with timber/trees.
The ranchers are being blamed, when it is greedy timber companies who are stripping the land.
So thing are not as bad as we are told, are you shocked that the news feed got it wrong.

Meerkat, that is a little to organic for me.
There are person who think insects will feed the world & replace large meat farms.
I think if we must stop eating beef & pork, then poultry & rabbits can replace them with next to no Environmental impact, less space & food, & more meat.

Latest posts

Back