Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is only true between the onset of puberty and death. ;)

103006547_187581359242174_4521364077399483944_n.jpg

The saying mind your p's and Q's origin is a British Pub
It means to mind your own business

The bartender would get caught up in others conversations and get told to mind his p's and q;s
which stands for pints and quarts

I think it was 536.

Per ScienceMag: Why 536 was 'the worst year to be alive'
Ask medieval historian Michael McCormick what year was the worst to be alive, and he's got an answer: "536." Not 1349, when the Black Death wiped out half of Europe. Not 1918, when the flu killed 50 million to 100 million people, mostly young adults. But 536. In Europe, "It was the beginning of one of the worst periods to be alive, if not the worst year," says McCormick, a historian and archaeologist who chairs the Harvard University Initiative for the Science of the Human Past.

A mysterious fog plunged Europe, the Middle East, and parts of Asia into darkness, day and night—for 18 months. "For the sun gave forth its light without brightness, like the moon, during the whole year," wrote Byzantine historian Procopius. Temperatures in the summer of 536 fell 1.5°C to 2.5°C, initiating the coldest decade in the past 2300 years. Snow fell that summer in China; crops failed; people starved. The Irish chronicles record "a failure of bread from the years 536–539."

Wikipedia: Extreme weather events of 535-536

That "dust cloud was from my grandfather. He said, "pull my finger." when I did people started dying. That was the last time I pull granddads finger! ;)

Where is St. Patric when you need him? :)

Don't know if it is true, but I've read that theaters don't make much money off of the movies. Rather, the movie studios take most of that profit.

The theater owner makes his living almost solely from the concessions (popcorn, soft drinks, etc.).

Again, I don't know if that is true, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Don't know if it is true, but I've read that theaters don't make much money off of the movies. Rather, the movie studios take most of that profit.

The theater owner makes his living almost solely from the concessions (popcorn, soft drinks, etc.).

This is true or it was not sure about todays digital stuff,but I know the drive in we went to last year ask not to bring your own snacks, because its the concession stand that keeps it open.

It's always been that way.
The movie is only there to get people to the concession stand.
Anybody remember every movie had 'intermission'?
And that catchy jingle: ~Let's all go down to the lobby..~

eaa5d6a068cf59cd8625bf2e5fd65593.jpg

That would stay on the screen until everybody got more popcorn.
Which puzzles me when AMC insisted that all customers wear masks.:dunno:
It's going to be really hard to eat that $6 box of popcorn and wash it down with a $8 Coke wearing a mask.
brickwall100.gif

Last edited:
It's always been that way.
The movie is only there to get people to the concession stand.
Anybody remember every movie had 'intermission'?
And that catchy jingle: ~Let's all go down to the lobby..~

eaa5d6a068cf59cd8625bf2e5fd65593.jpg

That would stay on the screen until everybody got more popcorn.
Which puzzles me when AMC insisted that all customers wear masks.:dunno:
It's going to be really hard to eat that $6 box of popcorn and wash it down with a $8 Coke wearing a mask.View attachment 45341

We went to this one and it ask on the site not to bring food

Ocala Drive In

They did not make much Last Quarter.

Latest posts

Back