Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
104692607_1152644758441608_8995488748612676078_n.jpg

1596379316652.png

1596379445623.png

July 18, 2019 ·
What do these two have in common? If you see cicada skins on trees in you yard, you might have copperheads in you yard at night. Cicadas are hatching on these summer nights and their song seems to call copperheads for great distances to feast on the newly hatching cicadas! It’s not uncommon to catch a dozen or more from a single yard during the hatch!We can help solve this problem. First dark until 11 pm seems to be the magic time! The majority of venomous snake bites occurs in the dark from people stepping on them. Most of this can be avoided by using a good light and proper sturdy footwear!

There are no copperheads where I live (but they are in areas maybe 50 miles away).
Cicadas only come out once every 13 or 17 years depending on brood and location. If you have them, you'll know as they can reach 1-million cicadas per acre.

Here's a map.
500px-Periodical_Cicada_Broods_of_the_United_States.png

View attachment 47496

View attachment 47497

July 18, 2019 ·
What do these two have in common? If you see cicada skins on trees in you yard, you might have copperheads in you yard at night. Cicadas are hatching on these summer nights and their song seems to call copperheads for great distances to feast on the newly hatching cicadas! It’s not uncommon to catch a dozen or more from a single yard during the hatch!We can help solve this problem. First dark until 11 pm seems to be the magic time! The majority of venomous snake bites occurs in the dark from people stepping on them. Most of this can be avoided by using a good light and proper sturdy footwear!

Considering who will be hanging around for feeding time,these bugs are safe from me.

Joel anything is possible.I don't know but it looks real.
I think it's real because the boy's head hit that sidewalk really hard.
No hat to cushion it.
If they were gonna fake it, he woulda sat down and laid back.
...and I know a LOT of old guys that would do exactly the same thing. :waiting:
You can add one more to the list "If you see grey hair, you better beware!"
They didn't get that old by falling for punks like you.

Last edited:
An idea is just as powerful, but not always as constructive. ;)

Hank Williams Jr., Marty Stuart to be Inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame

Hank Williams Jr., Marty Stuart and legendary songwriter Dean Dillon make up the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum's Class of 2020. The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville made the announcement on Wednesday, August 12.

Williams Jr. will be inducted in the Veteran Era Artist category. The news comes just weeks after the "Family Tradition" singer lost his daughter in a car accident.

1597267930003.png

IMO , They should have been put in there.:dunno: Especially Hank Jr.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back