Well that's interesting - Fun or Unusual Facts

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
74621016_401638313837639_1184586625668971824_n.jpg

Or that they just love killing.
It is pretty easy to assign motivations to animals because who can argue that you are wrong?
Naa.
The outside cat I had years ago would put the dead baby rabbit in front of me on the back patio and proceed to show me how you eat everything but the intestines.
The grass in the rabbit's intestines will make a cat barf it all back up.o_O
He ate everything he caught, mice, rats, birds, rabbits, and even moles:eek:.
Brought everything up to the patio to show me so I'd know I didn't have to feed him that night:).

Worms, when eaten raw, taste like dirt. When cut and cooked you can make them taste like hamburger, chili, or pretty much anything you want. They are one of the more adaptable foods in or on the ground.
Some bugs are OK but the maggots are better. Rodents are good, cats are good, if a little on the sweet side, dogs are best for puled meats because they tend to be stringy meat. Large birds are fine but the large mammalian grazers are close to perfect. Snakes and large reptiles are pretty good and fish are good as well. There are herbs that can remove some of the stronger tastes and others that add spice and flavor to blander meats.

Worms, when eaten raw, taste like dirt. When cut and cooked you can make them taste like hamburger, chili, or pretty much anything you want. They are one of the more adaptable foods in or on the ground.
Some bugs are OK but the maggots are better. Rodents are good, cats are good, if a little on the sweet side, dogs are best for puled meats because they tend to be stringy meat. Large birds are fine but the large mammalian grazers are close to perfect. Snakes and large reptiles are pretty good and fish are good as well. There are herbs that can remove some of the stronger tastes and others that add spice and flavor to blander meats.
You left out long-pork. :eek:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/long_pork

I am not a friend to cats. I have seen them torture birds and animals too many times. Sometimes for a couple hours. They also sometimes just kill and not for food. I do not know why they kill and not eat but I have seen this.

Some mice deserve to be tortured. Especially the one that chewed through not 1 or 2 but 3 tattler lids and ruined 2 jars of potatoes and one of beef. THAT mouse deserved to be tortured. Repeatedly.....

Back