What’s REALLY behind the Egg Shortage

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully you will always be able to purchase them or barter somehow for eggs and chickens. Some of my egg friends give them away, some like to have a couple $ for them.
I had a couple not far from me that kept me in a good supply of eggs, but coyotes broke into the chicken house when they were both gone one evening! I need to see if I can get the game cam footage!!

I had a couple not far from me that kept me in a good supply of eggs, but coyotes broke into the chicken house when they were both gone one evening! I need to see if I can get the game cam footage!!
Ought to be a couple good ole boys around to take care of that little issue.

I don't know anything about a shortage, but the price of eggs at our local store doubled last week. That may be a good indication of a shortage.

Or an indication of inflation. Have not noticed egg shortages lately...but did last month at Walmart...the shelf was cleared out entirely. Maybe a shipment didn't come in. I'll have to notice the price on eggs next time I'm filling a cart at Aldi. I feel like I live in an egg bubble, and don't notice much, since the majority of us in our town have chickens and don't buy them. There are a number of people selling at their farms, and going rate now is $3 to $4 a dozen for brown eggs. Am seeing dairy shortages at Walmart and Aldi. On things like sour cream, cream cheese, yogurt, cottage cheese. No shortage on high priced butter. Ha.

Latest posts

Back