What a dumb reason to like a food!! Social media strikes again!!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This makes perfect sense for millennials. Not taste, not texture, not price; just how social media reacts to it. And someday these people will be running our country.

I told my wife a few years ago...I'm at the age where comfort is more important that in style .

Every stinking thing these days has to be socially acceptable..:horsie:

I'll just eat my beans and cornbread even if it ain't pretty.

Jim
Several times a year, mar used to serve boiled potato with salt pork and milk gravy - and cornbread. If my hearing was better, I could probably hear dieticians groaning about now.

Several times a year, mar used to serve boiled potato with salt pork and milk gravy - and cornbread. If my hearing was better, I could probably hear dieticians groaning about now.
Grandma used to make what she called gilfa and cheese. Layers of a really thick cornmeal with butter and cheese between the layers. With leftovers you had to add more butter because the cornmeal dried out.

To be fair, people have been producing images of their food for a long long time. Now the technology just makes it instant.

bread_and_wine_vintage_food_art_.jpg

The Italians are taking unfair advantage of so many of their preps looking good. There is nothing visually mouth-watering about salt pork and milk gravy. How many full color portraits do you find of pease porridge in the pot, nine days old?

Latest posts

Back