What Are My Geese Doing?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenqueen

Super Friend
Neighbor
Last spring,I got my first geese and they are 8 mos old now.This past week I've noticed 2 odd behaviors.The first,2 American Buffs keep going chest-to-chest and bite the other's neck,back and wings.The smaller one "surrenders" and then they go to the water bucket and drink together.The second,a Roman tufted keeps tearing at her breast like she has bugs or something,pulling out a feather or two but I can't find anything wrong.Am I seeing sexual maturation,fighting or are my geese just crazy?

Last spring,I got my first geese and they are 8 mos old now.This past week I've noticed 2 odd behaviors.The first,2 American Buffs keep going chest-to-chest and bite the other's neck,back and wings.The smaller one "surrenders" and then they go to the water bucket and drink together.The second,a Roman tufted keeps tearing at her breast like she has bugs or something,pulling out a feather or two but I can't find anything wrong.Am I seeing sexual maturation,fighting or are my geese just crazy?

I'd say they're nuts..:LOL:

The Roman as a big bare spot on her chest and she was decimating my catmint.I reckon for building a nest.I'm still seeing fighting but I think a couple have paired up.I guess I'll figure it out come spring.My babies are growing up and I'm convinced they are in their teenage years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back