What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchboy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I remember this question from an old forum I use to belong to, so I thought I would post it here!

As for me today, I'll be washing & hanging some clothes, then later, I'll be heading over to the market (ShopRite) to do a little shopping. I try & go on Mondays, in that they give a Military discount every Monday for active duty & retired vets.

Later on I'll come back, cook at some point & do whatever until it's time to watch Monday Night Football and have a few cold ones!:D

Sounds like a balanced day to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked from 8am this morning to 9:30pm tonight. It was a very long day. Now I am relaxing with a Makers on the rocks.

Got up early today, gassed up the tractor/riding mower & now I'm just waiting for the morning dew to evaporate.

I could cut it now but the wet grass just sticks to everything!

Later on I'll move some firewood from the woodpiles in the rear of the property to my wood rings closer to the house.

Before ya know it'll be time to light the fireplace up.

Once that's done, it'll be time to kick back, have a few & enjoy my retirement!:D

Dancer, I never imagined just how great life could be until I retired! I was fortunate to retire at 55 and I'm lovin every minute of it!:great:

Spent the morning power scrubbing the back deck...in order to waterproof it tomorrow ...before fall leaves make that project a real hassle.

Now...just finished lunch and posting in my favorite forum !!

:D

Sold the house I'm living in:rolleyes:.

I have another long day today but then I have to come home a pack. The wife and I are flying to Grand Junction, CO for four days of judging tomorrow. I might even get to see my first snowfall this weekend.

Started water proofing the back deck at sunrise with Thompson's Water Seal...just finished the top rails and all the spindles...

with the deck floor to be done after some coffee and breakfast.

Took my truck in for repairs this morning. My rear axle is rusting & starting to leak.

I was hoping to finish the yard work but after last nights storm the ground is saturated & too soft to work with.

Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

Well... Just finished water proofing floor and underside of the back deck...

Whew...what a PITA !! :bang Head:

But...now I'm good for Fall & Winter...and all of next year till October again !!

Hey Dancer, have a safe trip & enjoy.:D

Today I'm gonna finish up the yard work, then do some running around!

Post office, Home Depot/hardware store, auto parts store & whatever else.

At some point later on I'll head to the Police range & do some shooting.

Then it will be time to kick back & watch Thursday Night Football.

Stopped home to drop off my bags. Got a few more errands to run & hopefully I'll be able to make it to the range!

Got up late today. Didn't get done at the Police range till around 8:00 pm. Then after that we did a little drinking, watched the game & talked trash!

Got a few errands to do today, then I'm gonna come home & clean my guns.

Bow hunting. Beautiful morning. On vacation will be In a stand every morning and every afternoon!
IMG_20181006_072040.jpg
IMG_20181006_072030.jpg

Cleaned up all the dead leaves and branches around the homestead...and bagged them for pick-up on Tuesday.

Cleaned all the windows in the house...sure glad we have those tilt in windows instead of having to break out the ladder.

Got up this morning and did my running around. Came home & cleaned my firearms that I did not get to do yesterday.

Now it's time to kick back & chill for the remainder of the day. I'll probably stay inside for the rest of the day because it's raining & crappy out!

Hey Shooter, those moderned windows really do make a big difference when it comes time to cleaning them!:D

Latest posts

Back