What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know Supp, I think retirement is something one should ease into. It can hit you like a ton of bricks, especially for Cops & LE personnel. It kinda hit me hard at first to the point where in I went back to work with the Department Of Homeland Security for a few years. It wasn't until I started owing tax money at the end of every year (and it wasn't chump change either) that my tax man advised me to have more kids (yeah right at my age) or I would continue to owe tax money as long as I continue to work! I guess you could say that I was double dipping, legally that is. I was getting my pension plus earning a salary from DHS.

When I finally stopped working, I started getting a refund again. Go figure!

And guess what, you couldn't pay me enough to go back now and I don't miss that crap not one bit!

Retirement is GRAND!:great:

Last edited by a moderator:
Right Now...

On the back deck drinking a cold one !!

Sunny & Breezy...about mid-80's

...When I finally stopped working, I started getting a refund again. Go figure!

And guess what, you couldn't pay me enough to go back now and I don't miss that crap not one bit!

Retirement is GRAND!:great:
Yeah, I moved 500 miles away and have to stay tight-lipped about what I did for a previous career.
There are "Wanted" posters out for 'my kind' that say: "Reward Offered":eek:.
All they see down here is some ol' guy taking a walk:D.

And like you, I ain't NEVER going back!
go crazy.gif

Don't worry Supp, we won't tell or come after you. You forget, we're retired!:D

And don't forget, the best Cops are ex crooks!:eek:

Don't worry Supp, we won't tell or come after you. You forget, we're retired!:D

And don't forget, the best Cops are ex crooks!:eek:
LOL!:lol:
Don't worry my job wasn't illegal. I was a technician of some kind.
There are just way too few of us today, and way too many empty job openings.
It takes about 5 years to train one and there is no 'fresh meat'.
I wouldn't be surprised if they were digging coffins up in the cemetery making sure the old guys are really dead:pokestick::rolleyes:.
"There goes one!!! GET HIM!!!"
zombie.gif

If someone brought me in, bound & gagged, they'd get $2,500 on the spot and the company would save over $100K per year just having my certifications on the 'payroll'.

Been retired longer than my service time.
Don't know any other life now !

Finally saved up enough to get some camping/travel gear.

a outhouse travel.jpg

Got up with the chickens this morning in an attempt to beat the heat. Did my 20 mile bicycle ride, S&S (showered & shaved) then got something to eat.

Since I did all my running around yesterday, I'm gonna chill inside where it's comfortable and listen to some smooth Jazz.

Later on, I'll open a chilled bottle of wine, cook, and enjoy retirement life!:D

Well it's getting to be that time of day again. Gonna go uncorked a chilled bottle of wine. :D

Just don't know which one yet!

As always, it's been a blast, but I gotta go cook. Gonna go boil some eggs, and prep the ingredient's for a Lobster meat Chef Salad. I think that would do just fine for a warm day like today.

Have a good one folks and we'll see ya next time!:D

Did some yard work out back this morning...as it was cool and breezy.

Heat started creeping in so I decided to wash the Jeep.

Now...back on the deck relaxin' !!

Going across the road Thursday for a small 4th party with neighbors...and this Saturday the 6th is the annual party with long time friends.

After my morning workout, I hoped on the tractor and cut the grass, then moved some of last winters firewood that was near the house, back to the woodpile.

I need to do some running around, to pick up a couple things, but I'm too tired to go to the store! Maybe later.

My decking material (Trex) was delivered today, but my buddy and his men probably won't start working on my rear deck until sometime next week, as he gave his employees off for the holiday weekend.

Just ran out and picked up another 2 cases of lager...

Don't want to run short...

:cool:

Made a beer run myself.
20+ Texans are soon to invade.
Icemaker been working overtime since Saturday.
I refuse to pay money for frozen, free water:bang Head:.
Buy more beer instead:drinking:
Toast.gif

Well folks, I'm gonna call it a day on the puter, cause I'm starting to "Get there", so to say. You good people have a nice night and we'll c-ya next time!

Getting ready to pack the Gecko for our reunion at the lake to morrow morning early. Will be able to get the best parking for the fireworks display with a touch of 4x4 driving.

a black rim 3.jpg

Earlier today, I went to my best buddies place who started cooking the usual holiday food on the grill. He started early so that he could get the cooking out of the way and have more time to mingle, drink and relax.

Stayed for a bit, came home, stripped down to my boxers and tank top, and will be in for the rest of the evening. I could go see the fireworks and live music but truthfully, I don't feel like going or dealing with the crowd!

Took a ride on my Mountain Bike very early this morning...as it was breezy and quiet out.

Came home and had some diced up watermelon, cantaloupe, and honey dew.

Right now...back deck with a cup of java.

All IS Well in Shooter's World !!

:cool:

Got up late this morning, (8:00 am), did my running around, came home and had lunch which consisted of bananas, pears, watermelon and fresh Jersey peaches.

I'm in for the day cause is pouring down raining at the moment and the sun is shining bright! How odd!

It's after 1600 hours so it's tasting time!:buds:

Got up at the crack of dawn this morning, went outside, turned around and came right back in! When my glasses fog up, then I know it's going to be extremely hot & humid!

I'm suppose to go to another cookout, but I may just stay close to home, cause it's suppose to be a hot one today, and I've had enough cookout food for awhile!

We're attending the Annual July 4th Picnic at our friends house in Bucks County...

Huge Swimming Pool...Horseshoe Pits...Pellet & BB Target Range...and Tiki Bars stocked with Cold Beers, Wine, and Whiskey.

I'm taking my GAMO Whisper Break Barrel Pellet Rifle ( 3-9x40 scope ) ...and... my Glock 19 BB Pistol ( Crimson Trace Green Laser )

GNoUqQa.png

qWUfuEF.jpg

Just got back from the store and the rain is coming down in buckets. It'll rain like crazy for about 10-15 minutes, then sunny, bright & steamy again. Then a half hour later the rain comes again.

I don't think I'll make it to that cookout!

Latest posts

Back