What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plan on it Brother !!

You should go to your picnic...you need to get out and enjoy your retirement !!

Believe it or not, I'm still thinking about it. It's just raining so frequently and the ground is going to be a mess! We'll see?

It's funny Shooter how things work! I just got off the horn with a lady friend of mine who was suppose to accompany me to the cookout. She's not to thrilled about going either. Knowing women as I do, I'm sure it's a hair & shoe thing!

She wants to go out to eat or go see that new Elton John movie or both! Either way, it looks like I'm outta hear soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well folks, I'm outta here!

Hey Shooter, you & yours enjoy yourselves at the cookout and be sure and have 1 or 2 for me buddy! :buds:

My son is over for a bit, so I'll be kinda in & out of here! Did my morning workout. Since it was raining this morning I couldn't ride the mountain bike, so I did a couple of miles on the treadmill & lifted weights.

After I S&S, my son and I will head out and do some running around and maybe get something to eat. By the time we get back, it'll be time to cook, drink some chilled wine and close out the day.

Woke up...picked some bell and hot peppers from the garden...and cooked up all the ingredients to make my 3 Meat / 3 Alarm Chili.

Took delivery of the 10mm ammo I ordered...and stuffed that into GI ammo cans.

Then I finished the last of the coffee...

So far...So good.

Well, my son & I are heading out for a little bit. The sun is starting to come out, so it looks like it will be decent for the remainder of the day.

C-ya soon!

Today.
Truth: Watching my MIL frantically running around trying to water all the outside plants before our 3-days of rain sets in tomorrow.
(we're going to get 6"-8"+)
"You see, I won't be able to go outside and water them after the rain starts"
crazy1.gif
No kidding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got up early this morning, rode my mountain bike about 20 miles. Came home to S&S and get a little grub, mostly fruit!. Washed and hung some clothes, then my son and I did a little running around.
Back home now and as Shooter noted, Just chillin!

In a little while it'll be time to uncork a chilled bottle of good wine, cook and smooth out the evening! :drinking:

Sounds like a great way to spend one's retirement!:D

Met up with 2 friends at 0930...had breakfast...then went around the corner and opened the range at 1100.

Had the place to ourselves till around 1330...left before 1430...home by 1500...just beating the thunder storm and rain.

Cracked open a cold beer and logged on here...

Gun cleaning will commence after dinner.

Woke up and made coffee and breakfast for the Wife & I...

Cleaned the firearms I took to the range yesterday...

Cleaned up the area around the homestead after yesterday's storm...mostly branches and assorted debris from the trees.

Right now...sitting on the back deck typing this with a cold glass of Sweet Tea and Lemon.

There's a beautiful breeze blowin'...

Made some leveling adjustments for the area the Amish will be dropping the coarse gravel and new shed...

And while I was at it...trimmed up a few other spots on the back yard fence line that were over grown with Ivy vines.

Then had lunch on the deck...

Just unpacked the Jeep after spending the morning with friends at the gun range...

Had an early breakfast at a small cafe' around the corner from the range @ 9am...then opened the range up @ 10am...

Practiced by ourselves till around noon before two others showed up...and then we packed up around 1pm

Still fighting with a couple of stuck screws on an old Winchester Model 12. I WILL get them out eventually, but Yeesh...

Spent the morning cleaning up tree debris from the heat thunder, lightning, and rain storm that swept through around 8pm last night...

Then I cleaned all the guns from yesterday's range session...

Now...just taking it easy in my air conditioned man cave.

Did my running around earlier this morning. Came home, got something to eat and now I'm just laying low in my "Man Cave". Too hot to be outdoors!

In a little while, I'll uncork a chilled bottle of plum wine, make some Philly Cheesesteaks for din din, then smooth out the evening.

Trying to avoid melting, lol. 108* real feel here.

Latest posts

Back