What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hellish hot here in Pennsylvania...

It's times like these that I miss our pool. Had a pool for about 15 years while the kids were growing up. After they got their drivers license, they didn't use it that much. After pouring good money into it and not using it anymore, I decided to fill it in. Funny, when we put the pool in, our property taxes went up, but when I filled it in and planted grass, they did not go down! Go figure!

Last edited by a moderator:
My son & I are gonna head out shortly, do a little running around, come back and stay indoors. Too hot to be outside today!

Woke up too early and made breakfast for the Wife and I...

Watered the terrace vegetables and picked a few bell and hot peppers for later...

Hosed down the Jeep and myself...then had some sweet tea & lemon on the back deck.

Checked my emails...and logged on here.

Got up at 6 this morning, did some domestic chores, ate breakfast with plans to stay indoors today. Since I did my running around yesterday, I don't think I'll need to go out today.

My son might head out today back to Philly, cause he's got stuff to do next week, but he's not too thrilled about fighting all that Sunday traffic, coming back from the shore. He's gonna play it by ear as the day wears on.

My son might head out today back to Philly, cause he's got stuff to do next week, but he's not too thrilled about fighting all that Sunday traffic, coming back from the shore. He's gonna play it by ear as the day wears on.
Can't say as I blame him.
Most people only know Philly for their "World Record" parking scam:

p.s. If the page for Guinness world records looks blank, it's because there are too many to fit on one page so they are organized by date:rolleyes:.

Church this morning, grabbed Subway for lunch, now watching the Cards/Reds ballgame.

Trying to decipher the "Owners Manual" for this Gladiator ???
You may need to borrow a teenager to act as a translator for the section on the 'infotainment system':rolleyes:.

Just got back from my birthday luncheon with the Wife... :cool:

We just dropped off the leftovers at the house and are now heading out for a few drinks and to shoot some pool at the local VFW. :smilie flag:

Tonight...a little get together with neighbors on our back deck... :buds:

Don't wait up... !!

:rolleyes:

Just got back from my birthday luncheon with the Wife... :cool:
Tonight...a little get together with neighbors on our back deck... :buds:
Don't wait up... !!
So, you turned 28 this year:D?

Happy belated birthday!
Today I spent working on projects, lost a fight with some screws in an old Winchester, Stained the stocks for a Rossi 92 and worked on getting a bunch of ancient masking tape off of another rifle stock. It had been on so long it turned brittle and I spent almost 2 hours getting the tape remains off then scrubbing with Googone to try to get the residue off! More work on it tomorrow.

Well...Woke up early this morning to take down a section of chain link fence so they can deliver our new storage shed.

The Amish will be here tomorrow morning...

Just saw this, been in the "Owner's Manual" and only 112 pages to go.
Hope you had a Happy Birthday !

a happy bday beer.jpg

Latest posts

Back