What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woke up...made coffee...vacuumed the Man Cave...went out on the deck to sip coffee...went back in to get my pellet rifle...came back out and shot two squirrels...went down and retrieved the dead bodies...field dressed them for my neighbor... washed my gutting tools and my hands then had lunch.

PMKuAE9.jpg

Quiet day...so far.

:cool:

Just got in not long ago. Did my running around this morning, then had lunch with my best friend.

Then some more running around until I had had enough!

Now It's Corona & Tequila time!:D

Was just reading up on signing up for Medicare @ 65 and how that works with my existing Federal Employee Health Benefits ( FEHB ).

Jeezus...got a friggin' headache !!

Went to the medicine cabinet and pored a stiff one with a beer chaser...

Friggin' bologna... Friggin' LBJ...Friggin' Health Care System...Friggin' Thieves !!!

:boom:

Did nothing worth mentioning today.

The only bad thing about me being retired is the "Bucket List" money is just not there.

Did nothing worth mentioning today.

The only bad thing about me being retired is the "Bucket List" money is just not there.
Yep,that's the part I hate most. I have enough repairs and stuff around the house to last for probably 10 years of doing it when I get time but don't have the money an extra money so a lot of it may never get done. Once me or my wife passes I don't see how the other will survive let alone get any of it done. I sure miss the money from working, especially overtime.

Working some this morning then driving back up to Tulsa for the family viewing of my Dad. The circus (out of town family) will be getting in today. It should be interesting.

Well...let's see.

Got up and made coffee...then breakfast for the Wife & I...

Talked with the Montgomery County Constable to make sure I get the keys to the voting machine storage locker at the election poll location ( local grade school ) for the upcoming mid-term elections November 6th....as I'm the Ward 9 Deputy Constable for the area.

Then advised the Ward 9 Township Commissioner that the election location personnel schedule for the first Tuesday in November was verified with all on the list.

And picked up the lawn/polling signs for the local Republican Candidates for placement at the mid-term polling location.

I still have a couple more things I need to pick up from Home Depot, ShopRite, etc. I'm also trying to decide if I want to get out the log splitter & split some wood.

I still have a couple more thick chunks of oak that needs to be split.

When I stepped out this morning, I found it a tad bit chilly as well as windy!

At least the sun is shining, so maybe I'll light a fire near me while I'm splitting the wood.

Was just reading up on signing up for Medicare @ 65 and how that works with my existing Federal Employee Health Benefits ( FEHB ).

Jeezus...got a friggin' headache !!

Went to the medicine cabinet and pored a stiff one with a beer chaser...

Friggin' bologna... Friggin' LBJ...Friggin' Health Care System...Friggin' Thieves !!!

:boom:

Hey Shooter, is it complex or a PITA?

I've got a few more years yet, 2 to be exact, but I am curious?

Last edited by a moderator:
Spent several hours trying understand the language of the SIRIUS XM guy trying to tell me how to set up my SIRIUS streaming to my computer.
Where did they learn English ?

Spent several hours trying understand the language of the SIRIUS XM guy trying to tell me how to set up my SIRIUS streaming to my computer.
Where did they learn English ?
Probably Mumbai India.
More people learning English there than in the USA:rolleyes:. ¿ENTENDER MI AMIGO?

Hey Shooter, is it complex or a PITA? I've got a few more years yet, 2 to be exact, but I am curious?

PITA...but I got it figured out now.

I must register for Medicare Part B...and my current FEHB takes care of the rest.

So...even though I have been contributing to Medicare A since January 1st, 1983...which was well after I joined the Govt...( but which covers the 10 year minimum requirement for Fed employees )...I still must pay monthly for Medicare Part B.

Part A ~ Hospital Insurance
Part B ~ Medical Insurance ( pays 80%...FEHB pays 20% )
Part C ~ Medicare Advantage Plans ( optional )
Part D ~ Prescription Drug Plans ( optional )

Now...I wait for the 3 month window to register before my birthday in July...and have another 3 months after that date to do so.

After that...$$ Penalties. ( no idea how much )

If I were to drop my FEHB...that I paid into for 35 years...I could not for any reason get back in.

And the Medicare Part A...that I would then have to rely on... would NOT cover what my FEHB currently does under my Fed retirement system ( CSRS ).

So, that's a no brainer.

Thanks to Trump...and the 2.8% COLA we Feds get in January 2019...I will be able to cover any increases when I add the Part B in July.

That's it in a nutshell...( until the Damn Liberals get in control again...then it's Medicare for EVERYBODY...with You & Me paying the damn bill !!

:rolleyes:

I got the inside of the dog house done except for the floor and partition,I'll do those when I get paid. I had to cut notches out for the hinges so the top would close.
X7SpAQp.jpg

1O5qk33.jpg

I think I'll go for a swim in the pond and move the aerator diffusers back to the shallow end before cold weather gets here,it's not good for the fish,besides it's suppose to get up into the mid 50s. (That's not a misprint,50s :wink: ) You want to join me Dutch :lol:?

Spent the last couple of days & this morning splitting some more wood chunks.

Now I'm too tired to do anything else but sit in front of my computer.

Maybe later, if I feel up to it, I'll head over to the Police range & do some shootin!

Went window shopping at the FN factory store in Columbia while Mrs 3T went grocery shopping.
She came home with groceries and I came home with 500 rds of S197- 5.7X28

Probably gonna hang in today & watch college football since I've been splitting wood the past couple of days. Plus it's kinda damp outside.

Started a bon fire yesterday & stayed out till the wee hours of the morning.

Latest posts

Back