What are you doing today?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm kinda pissed! I just opened my mail & I got a damn notice for Jury Duty in December.

I've never had to serve before & I'm hoping that if I somehow let them know that I'm a retired LE, I'll get passed over!

Defense Attorney's don't care much for Cops in the jury box!

We'll see?

Here in Montgomery County, PA...as soon as they found out I was a Fed assigned to a Criminal Investigative Task Force...I was dropped like a hot rock !!

:smilie flag:

It's Sunday & football season, so I'll be hanging out in my man cave watching football all day & half the night! GO EAGLES....

No more pumping myself up to go to work on Monday morning!

Man I use to dread that!:bang Head:

Last edited by a moderator:
No more pumping myself up to go to work on Monday morning!

Man I use to dread that!:bang Head:
I just retired in middle of September and I'm loving it too!
It used to ruin my weekends dreading what I knew I had to do on Monday:eatagun:.
Now, I don't even know when Monday is:woo hoo:.
Stay up late on Sunday drinking?:buds:...no problem:D.
I used to love getting jury-duty summons when I was working. You give 'em your $13 check and they pay you a whole day's pay:great:.
Never thought about it being a totally different thing once you become a retired slacker:bang Head:.

I just retired in middle of September and I'm loving it too!
It used to ruin my weekends dreading what I knew I had to do on Monday:eatagun:.
Now, I don't even know when Monday is:woo hoo:.
Stay up late on Sunday drinking?:buds:...no problem:D.
I used to love getting jury-duty summons when I was working. You give 'em your $13 check and they pay you a whole day's pay:great:.
Never thought about it being a totally different thing once you become a retired slacker:bang Head:.
Hey Supp, I'm not sure what your profession is, but I think I can tell you that most LE Officers don't want nothing to do with jury duty!

There's a few of us in here & I would be shocked if any of them relish the thought of jury duty! I think it's because courtrooms are a part of our careers that most Cops hate!

The only Cops who may like court are rookie Cops who have never been in court. After a few years on the job, you will dread it!:eek:

I hated court, period! And it didn't matter whether it was Traffic Court, Criminal Court, Administrative Court or Civil Court, they all sucked!

I could be wrong, but I think the folks who like court are the ones who don't get to experience it much!

I'm still hoping like hell that once they find out that I'm a retired Cop, they will want nothing whatsoever with me sitting in that jury box!

Like Shooter said, hopefully they will drop me like a "Hot Rock"!

Had a late night last night down at the VFW shootin' pool, having a few drinks with friends, and listening to a Rock-A-Billy Band.

Spent most of the morning cleaning up the broken tree limbs, branches, and leaves from last night's 50+mph wind storm...a real mess.

Now, I'm a gonna chill...and maybe watch some football...GO EAGLES !!

v1fNUpB.png

Hey Supp, I'm not sure what your profession iswas, but I think I can tell you that most LE Officers don't want nothing to do with jury duty!

I'm still hoping like hell that once they find out that I'm a retired Cop, they will want nothing whatsoever with me sitting in that jury box!

Like Shooter said, hopefully they will drop me like a "Hot Rock"!
I was a blue-collar technician, and for me it was a free day to screw off.
Any day not working and still getting paid, was a good day:D.
I never was 'lucky' enough to get picked despite how hard I tried. You're right about it being a totally different thing once you're retired.
It would be a major inconvenience now to interrupt my professional level of being a slacker I have developed:cool:.

If you don't want to get picked, just find a way to casually drop the 'n-word' while they are asking you boring questions.
You'll get booted faster than you can say 'Bill Cosby'!:eek:
I've seen it done.

Did my running around today which included medical lab work, food shopping, Home Depot then lunch with my best friend.

Got my Military discount from ShopRite & Home Depot which is always a good thing!

Now I'm home & gonna chill for the rest of the day & figure out what I want for dinner?

Decided to wash the Jeep this morning...then said, WTH, and waxed it too.

Then went food shopping...

Now, just helped the Wife out the door, as she is heading over to my Daughters house to walk the two dogs...as my Daughter and her Fiancé' are both working till late tonight. ( as usual every Monday ).

Me, I'm cracking open a cold one and typing here.

:D

Took the wife to her doctors appointment. Now I’m sitting in the Lexus dealership having my headlights adjusted and getting it washed.

Going across the street to Cabelas next to look around then home to play with the grandson. It’s been a good day off.

Took a ride on my Harley this morning...a little chilly, but a nice time anyway.

This afternoon I'm taking Mom to her Eye Doctor appointment...taking a few gun magazines to help past the time waiting.

Then, probably have dinner at Mom's house.

Spent the morning doing domestic chores, inside & out.

Pretty soon it will be time to eat lunch then chill until around 1600, then start tasting, drinking, sipping, nipping, boozing or whatever you want to call it!:D

Retirement is so, so grand!:great:

Retirement is so, so grand!:great:
You got that right!
I'm such a slacker, I'm a day behind posting:oops:.
Spent yesterday putting gutter leaf-guards on the in-law's gutters. The neighbor has 3 big pine trees that dump about a hundred pounds of pine straw on the roof which can't escape the gutters.
Told my FIL that would not work; he's been shoveling that crap out numerous times per year for 15 years.
Went up and down the ladder so many times my butt-cheeks hurt:cry:.
But worth every minute, we'll never have to clean those gutters, ever.
Here's the good part. We got ready to settle in for the night and I asked my 82-year-old FIL what we had to do tomorrow.
"Wake up", was his reply.
I said: I know that, but what do we have to do?
He said: "naw, that's it".
I thought about that sage advice for a while.
That means we can do anything we want, everything we want, or nothing at all:D.

Today, me and the Mrs picked up ribs for supper. My MIL who is a notoriously finicky eater, tore into them like a hyena:eek:.
Great day to be retired!:green man:

p.s. To all of the mules out there still pulling the wagon, I have one word: 401K:wink:.

I have another long ass day today. Didn't get home until midnight last night and went straight to bed. Today will about the same.

Got some running around to do today, the drugstore, post office & the ShopRite market.

I still have more domestic chores to do, (never ending) so I'll come home & do those as well.

At some point later today I'll give it a break, relax & have a few, eat dinner, sit back in my family room & enjoy being retired.:D

Pulling some firearms out of the safe(s), lubing them up, and pulling together the targets & ammo required to get ready for Range Day Thursday...

Also got to range test my new Crimson Trace Rail Master CMR-206 Green Laser.

VUrkehb.jpg

I grew the pumpkin the grand daughters cut them up for Halloween! Helluva job for an 8 and 9 year old! They had patterns but did all the work themselves!
IMG_20181024_215046.jpg
IMG_20181024_215036.jpg

The 4 of us, (the members of the commune) all got our hair cut and a pedicure.
(yes, this old mule got his first pedicure:eek:).
And no, they didn't have to break out power tools:rolleyes:. God bless the Vietnamese!
I can say this, I am done trying to cut my toenails myself! My feet look like they belong to a human instead of a Neanderthal.
We finished the day off with dinner at a nice sports-bar & grill.
I ate healthy for a change and had the grilled shrimp and grilled vegetables:cool:.
Not sure if tomorrow is pizza-night or steak night.
But, I'll survive somehow...this retirement life is really brutal:ROLF::
IMG_20181025_143137_r.jpg

Hey Supp, looks like your in a Lap Of luxury there buddy!

I tried to get a pedicure once and the girl had to stop, because I could not sit still or stop laughing!

I just can't stand or take anyone handling or doing anything to my feet!:eek:

Got some running around to do today & depending on the weather, my son & I might take a test ride up to North Jersey later on, as I will be heading up that way on Monday.

Latest posts

Back