What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But I actually really like black cherry....not sure if I would like artificial black cherry...but I would try it. Artificial grape is like trying to make an artificial version of something natural.....that tastes bad...

When I was young I got injured and it wrecked my plumbing, after the last surgery the doctor told me to walk a lot and drink lots of water, from that day on I carried a gallon jug everywhere I went, drinking 3 gallons a day was the norm. Later, when I drank alcohol, I drank it like water, not good and I couldn't afford it. Today, I still drink a lot about 200 oz a day on average.... about half water and half Diet Coke..... No alcohol.

When I was young I got injured and it wrecked my plumbing, after the last surgery the doctor told me to walk a lot and drink lots of water, from that day on I carried a gallon jug everywhere I went, drinking 3 gallons a day was the norm. Later, when I drank alcohol, I drank it like water, not good and I couldn't afford it. Today, I still drink a lot about 200 oz a day on average.... about half water and half Diet Coke..... No alcohol.

Isn't it strange how drinking 80 oz. of water a day is a real chore, but six beers and six shots in three hours goes down like a fat kid on a seesaw. Back in the day.

I too love V8, but the Sodium content is very high. We have opted for the Wal Mart version, which is probably no better on sodium but is cheaper.

I like a lemonade once in a while. Or real cold grape juice. I plan on juicing my grape harvest this year, so I hope it's good.
Husband likes V8 and we found a low sodium variety of it.
I really try to avoid sweets of any sort now and have for about 15 years. That doesn't mean that I never have anything with sugar in it, I just don't have it daily or regularly. I haven't looked to see how much sugar it has in it, but it was good.

I knew a woman in North Dakota, who made her own grape juice. I was interested because I grew up around a lot of canning and had never seen anyone make their own grape juice.

We weren't at our farm last year when they were ready, so a cousin of mine came and picked them all and made grape juice. She said to bring them all over and we'll do it together when they're ready this year. I was wondering what she did about the seeds and the skins. And she canned it afterwards...water bath I think.

We weren't at our farm last year when they were ready, so a cousin of mine came and picked them all and made grape juice. She said to bring them all over and we'll do it together when they're ready this year. I was wondering what she did about the seeds and the skins. And she canned it afterwards...water bath I think.
Let us know how it goes!

Weller black cherry sparkling water with 25 mg of CBD.

https://www.welleryou.com/
"Welcome to Weller.
We mixed natural flavors with zippy bubbles to create a zero calorie, zero carb, zero sugar sparkling water. Each can contains 25mg of broad-spectrum CBD, which makes it ideal to unwind your mind for better focus or your body for better workout recovery. Hydration has never been so deliciously helpful."

i like water after ym morning coffee. i fill up my 32oz water bottle nd add some MSM powder, ACV and a bit of stevia. in the winter i make a theromos of plain hot tea and its enough for 3 cups thru the day, in warm weather its mosstly water. til 5pm

5pm is porch time in nice weather from may thru sept. oct gotta have the jacket and maybe even a blankie to sit in the rocker. then its time for a cocktail, sometimes a glass fo chardonnay or a vodka and juice thing. real peaceful sitting there in my rocker looking out over the fields and towards the woodline after the day and take a break while the dinner is cooking. very calm ---unless i forget to feed the dogs first----big lesson, alwasy feed the dogs first if you want any peace at sit down time. lol

i like water after ym morning coffee. i fill up my 32oz water bottle nd add some MSM powder, ACV and a bit of stevia. in the winter i make a theromos of plain hot tea and its enough for 3 cups thru the day, in warm weather its mosstly water. til 5pm

5pm is porch time in nice weather from may thru sept. oct gotta have the jacket and maybe even a blankie to sit in the rocker. then its time for a cocktail, sometimes a glass fo chardonnay or a vodka and juice thing. real peaceful sitting there in my rocker looking out over the fields and towards the woodline after the day and take a break while the dinner is cooking. very calm ---unless i forget to feed the dogs first----big lesson, alwasy feed the dogs first if you want any peace at sit down time. lol
The animals must eat first.😺

Today I had some good healthy drinks.

Bissap, which is made from a flower from the hibiscus family. Very delicious and can have many different flavors added like, vanilla, strawberry or mint. The one I had today was with mint.

Another I never had before was a drink made from the Baobab fruit. Equally delicious and packed full of vitamin C, apparently.

My wife makes kefir from the blueberries and raspberries we pick each fall, so this is what I typically drink in the evenings
Flavored kefir tastes great, we never flavored the kefir we made from goats milk, the natural kefir always seemed to taste pretty good as is. Kefir is the only way I can drink milk as I've always had problems with the calcium turning to cannon balls in my guts. It's been many years since we raised goats and just about as long since having kefir, one thing I've come to like having now and then is KeVita Master Brew Kombucha, tart cherry flavored, mostly our drink of choice is a cup of wine per day, alternating with a dark beer every once and awhile, Cerveza Modelo Negra or Michelob Amberbock dark lager.

I haven’t had a chance to read through this thread yet, but I will.

This is what enables me to work as much as I do.
CCFC9B8D-3BDC-417A-BF03-469D076832E5.jpeg

I know it’s not healthy, but it works. This new pineapple flavor tastes great to me. I drink the zero sugar varieties.
image.jpg

I used to make two large cold black coffees every morning & another if I worked a double shift.

Now I drink 2-3 of these.

I’d love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks

I haven’t had a chance to read through this thread yet, but I will.

This is what enables me to work as much as I do.
View attachment 68096
I know it’s not healthy, but it works. This new pineapple flavor tastes great to me. I drink the zero sugar varieties.View attachment 68097
I used to make two large cold black coffees every morning & another if I worked a double shift.

Now I drink 2-3 of these.

I’d love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks
I used to drink Monster beverages, maybe one a day. I liked them, but sometimes I just stop doing something, like drinking these. I think it is more about the unknown chemicals in them, as in many beverages in cans and bottles.

Latest posts

Back