What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drink 3 small cups of coffee with cream in the morning. The rest of the day alternates between unsweetened ice tea, unflavored seltzer and water. Sometimes I drink different herbal teas and sometimes 1 glass of V8 or tomato juice. Not really anything else.

@Spikedriver Oh, okay, the caffeine is separate from the flavorings... I've bought the flavorings for my dad before, he never drinks enough water and is prone to kidney infections. It's the caffeine additive I'm interested in.
You sound like my DW, we drive 20 miles & she has to go to the ladies room. Tells me I do not drink enough water, so I drink about a gallon or two just to make her happy & report to her when my wee is clear. I think it is a control thing, but it makes her happy & it does not hurt me, I like lemon to change the taste.
As a child I drink V8, but it has to much salt now.

Water, H2O, dihydrogen monoxide... There was a scam started quite a few years back to ban its use because it is such a "dangerous" solvent.

Trying out different herbal teas in iced tea form. Gotta get off the Diet Dr. Pepper.... :cry:
Don't some things become habits?
I have never been much of a soda drinker, but I do like Dr. Pepper, and have gone through periods of time where I would drink them daily. Dr. Pepper has great flavor, imho.

I find that I develop habits of certain things. Sometimes it will last for a while. One year, I made myself a pot of tea in the morning at school, and that was what I drank every morning. That was just one year of drinking tea in the morning. Another year, I drank chai tea every morning, a large double cup. Celestial Seasonings may have kept making it, but I could no longer find it. I could have written to them or driven to Boulder to try and get it, but I didn't. But for many years, before, during and since, I have been a coffee drinker. I also go through periods of time when I drink other things, such as sparkling water, or lemonade or limeade almost every day, in the summer. Then I go through periods of time of drinking a cup of milk an hour or so before bed.

Best of luck to you. What could you drink instead?

Best of luck to you. What could you drink instead?
I've been trying to make at least a half gallon of herbal tea before bed at night and putting it in the fridge, then it's good to go for the next day. My favorite is a schisandra berry tea (Traditional Medicinals) with honey - works well as an iced tea. I also have a strawberry/hibiscus tea that works well cold, too.

Besides my love for the taste, I know a big part of my problem with cutting out Dt. Dr. Pepper is the aspertame (and my addiction to it).

Last edited:
Last night was a tequila night. We were invited over for a karaoke night at my oldest son's place. With my 3 youngest there and my favorite daughter and daughter-in-law we were told no excuses allowed. So after my range orientation I bought a table saw and got it home. My pain was high (9) but I use tequila as a muscle relaxer and it works pretty good. After 6 shots I started to relax but the aspirin wasn't touching the pain so I put up with it. We had a pretty good time and diagnosed a problem with my daughters Glock. I got home and had some chocolate milk and relaxed until my pain was under control. I got a good nights sleep and woke up chipper and ready for the posted work for the day.

Latest posts

Back