What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am drinking a DRAM, Alpine berry flavored with 25 mg + hemp, a sparkling switchel. It comes in a can like a soda. Someone recently gave me one and suggested it helps them to sleep better. I get it at my local Sprouts. It is around 3.50 a can. It comes in different flavors.

https://www.dramapothecary.com/product/alpine-berry-cbd-sparkling-switchel/
Alpine Berry Sparkling Switchel +HEMP (25mg CBD) – 12pack
Rated 4.83 out of 5 based on 23customer ratings
(23 customer reviews)
$54.00 (12 pack)

CBD SPARKLING SWITCHEL WITH PREBIOTICS TO INCREASE IMMUNITY, ENCOURAGE A HEALTHY GUT AND REDUCE STRESS:
Switchel is a tart and tangy beverage historically enjoyed by farm workers to keep them hydrated and healthy on long days. We’ve added a modern twist with a full working of dose (25mg) of Colorado Hemp CBD per can.

These drinks may:
  • Reduce inflammation
  • Promote immunity support
  • Increase resilience to stress
  • Provide a bioavailable source of prebiotics and electrolytes
  • Assist in the healing of chronic gut problems and stomach upset
Flavor Profile: Tart, Strawberry & Elderberry, Vinegar, Apple, and a delicate hint of Vanilla. Similar to Kombucha- but better!
These drinks are fabulous as a pre or post workout drink, or as a daily tonic for gut health. If you regularly drink Apple Cider Vinegar we’ve already done the work of mixing it with sparkling water for you!
These are a wonderful N/A alternative to beer as they have a lively palate, robust mouthfeel and tons of flavor! They do taste and smell like vinegar so please be aware if you don’t like vinegar.
Our CBD infused sparkling switchel water maximizes bio availability by using water soluble CBD made from Colorado grown hemp.
Pairs with: Citrus, Cheese, Spicy and Pungent Foods
*25MG Broad Spectrum CBD per 12 ounce can
Only 20 Calories
INGREDIENTS

Purified Carbonated Water, *Colorado Apple Cider Vinegar, Colorado Wildflower Honey, *Elderberries, *Strawberries, PCR Hemp Extract, *Vanilla Bean.
*organic ingredients
We use BPA Free Cans, CBD is GMP certified

ALCOHOL FREE | GLUTEN FREE | NON GMO
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
* All Products contain less than .3% THC and is legal in all 50 States.
*ADAPTOGENS AND CBD ARE NOT A CURE ALL. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DO YOUR RESEARCH AND DECIDE IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU. CBD AFFECTS EVERY BODY DIFFERENTLY, AND WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT HAVE THE INTENDED BENEFITS YOU ARE SEEKING. IF YOU ARE ON MEDICATION PLEASE TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE PURCHASING.
Join the waitlist to be emailed when this product becomes available

Mostly water and sweet tea. Black coffee. Sometimes I’ll purchase a Tru Blu Reign which is low carbs and zero sugar.

Never been into eggnog. Seems I've have it from a grocery store, came in a carton. But that was decades ago... Me, I'd rather have a nice whisky or brandy and sit by a fire, it's been years since I've had either of those.

There is great eggnog out there...you just need to look for it. It took me 40 years of my life, but I eventually tasted some stuff from a local dairy, and, wow! Their stuff that makes grocery store or mass produced eggnog seem like fat-free milk. I won't touch anything else now that I know that stuff exists. And yes, it is much more expensive...but it is a treat, not a staple. We drink it as a family when we put up the tree. That is about the only time.

Jigger of eggnog
1 shot of whiskey
sprinkle nutmeg

The kids don't do the whiskey (even the 21+ "kids" usually skip the whiskey). But don't skip the nutmeg! :)

Egg nog!

Does anyone make their own egg nog, or do you buy it from the store?
I have made eggnog but I buy it from the store. I don't drink too much of it but I love eggnog french toast with butter, only.

Eggnog is not my favorite. My wife and son both like it a lot. After dinner or in the evening in front of the fire when they will drink eggnog I will opt for brandy or some other spirit. My wife has made her own eggnog but usually she buys it in the grocery store.

Here are a couple of suggestions for a nice after dinner drink if you want to sit and sip in front of the fire.

Godfather (this one is really my favorite for after dinner)

Equals parts (about 1 1/2 -2 ounces each) of Scotch and Amaretto. Pour in a rocks glass over ice.

Godmother

Equals parts (about 1 1/2 -2 ounces each) of Vodka and Amaretto. Pour in a rocks glass over ice.

Some would consider them a "stiff" drink, but I find them very smooth and relaxing.

We actually like the Kroger brand of egg nog (cinnamon flavored). Just a little bit at a time.

My mom used to make home-made egg nog, even making it for me for breakfast before I got the school bus (mostly just raw egg). I don't know the recipe, wish I did. I remember liking it, and I was a really picky kid, lol.

I just saw your other post saying you had spent some time in the hospital due to mini strokes. I had noticed you were not posting. I hope you are on the road to mending.
I'm doing well according to my Cardiologist and PT.
Get tired once and while.
But take it nice and easy.
Slow going right now.

I had hot tea today. I only have it in winter at my favorite chinese restaurant. They closed to dine-in 18 months ago!!! But had just reopened.

I used to live 20min from china town in SanFran. Tea was a very big deal in most asian homes, in the restaurants where I ate. Don't do it so much anymore.

Anyway, today. It was a little cool and windy out, took my time and enjoyed a pot with lunch.

This is something a little different for the holidays. A slightly different version of the original

Christmas Grasshopper

Mix in a blender:
2 oz. Dark Creme de Menthe
2 oz. Dark Creme de Cocoa
2 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
Fill remainder of blender with ice. Blend until thoroughly mixed
Garnish with a Candy Cane. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.

Should look something like this just a little darker.

1639571653982.png

I discovered a Welsh whisky called Penderyn Celt. Great smokey nose and smoooooth!

I had hot tea today. I only have it in winter at my favorite chinese restaurant. They closed to dine-in 18 months ago!!! But had just reopened.

I used to live 20min from china town in SanFran. Tea was a very big deal in most asian homes, in the restaurants where I ate. Don't do it so much anymore.

Anyway, today. It was a little cool and windy out, took my time and enjoyed a pot with lunch.
When I was in college, my Chinese friends mostly drank oolong tea. I think jasmine tea is popular now.

I prefer Oolong to just about any other. But I try others from time to time. With any type the tea depends on the tea leaves. I watched a show on tea once, covered Oolong and several others. There are so many grades I can't keep up with or remember them. Like most folks I only know if I like it or not. The place I was at yesterday has great teas.

Latest posts

Back