What are you drinking?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you guys ever tried Wiser's Rye? It is Canadian, and for a long time I could not find it in the U.S. Now it is available. I have a Friar Tuck's close to me that has a nice selection. I liked it a lot, and it won't break the bank. Might be right up your alley, Spikedriver.

1644665514536.png

s

Put your friend out of your mind!! Be healthy!
I don't worry , its been 15 yrs. ago . Plus , i've watched my sister destroy herself with alcohol she been to 6 rehabs , one all womens (6 month stay ,came to visit first day out and got into my bathroom and drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol had to call 911 that was a couple yrs. ago , Still alive but I don't know how . Except for tobacco i don't have an addictive personality

Breaks out private bar book:
Heart attack juice
1 monster loco mocha mixed 3-1 with 80 proof captain Morgan spiced rum served over smashed ice.

No clam Clammato
3 parts spicy vegetable juice, 1 part beer (I like Natty ice to mix with.) 1 tablespoon Texas Pete hot sauce, two fingers of two fingers.
Side note. Exotico tequila is unfit for human consumption! at least Torro stays put!

Greyhounds
3 parts grapefruit juice, 1 part Seagram's or Stechlina vodka served on crushed ice with a salted rim glass.

Screwdriver X
Same thing using orange juice and no salt.

Redneck margarita.
3 parts Mountain dew 1 part two fingers gold, a shot of grapefruit juice, serve on crushed ice in a salt rimmed glass with a grapefruit wedge.

Snake bite.
This drink MUST be chased with water or nuke-puke can result!
1 part mint 100% schnapps, 1 part 100% cinnamon liqueur (DO NOT use fireball, it tastes like @$$!) 1 part 80% vodka, a shooter bottle of Jagermeister.
the juice of two large lemons or a shot glass full of concentrate.
Store in the freezer in a gallon jug to be served after an afternoon of busting wood in the cold or at the onset of influenza. sip, don't swill!

The ultimate bloody Mary!
3 parts spicy vegetable juice, 1 part vodka, add 2 table spoons of French's Worcestershire sauce (NO OTHER BRAND!) 1/2 A tablespoon of Texas Pete, a pinch of black pepper, a pinch of white pepper 1/8th tablespoon of sea salt served over crushed ice with a celery stalk and a garnish of cashews.

Minty julep, roadhouse style.
Melt a heaping tablespoon of mint jelly in an ounce of water in the microwave, mix in 3 oz. of Bourbon, pour over ice chunks and add sparkling water like Schweppes lemon tonic. in a highball glass.

Monday morning quarterback.
2 parts tomato juice, 1 part beer, salt and pepper to taste, I like a bit of lime, just a bit. maybe a touch of Tabasco sauce.

Gin n juice.
2 parts grapefruit or orange juice, 1 part gin.

Vodka shots with salted grapefruit slices.

Tequila shots with salted lime slices..

And now after the party, you feel like h3ll, here's a cure for you.
2 packets of goody powders dissolved in a Powerade and a full dropper of this:
https://www.swansonvitamins.com/sub...aGlWmWMRwlyGtXimR4UaAiZIEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Mix well, serve ice cold!

I don't worry , its been 15 yrs. ago . Plus , i've watched my sister destroy herself with alcohol she been to 6 rehabs , one all womens (6 month stay ,came to visit first day out and got into my bathroom and drank a bottle of rubbing alcohol had to call 911 that was a couple yrs. ago , Still alive but I don't know how . Except for tobacco i don't have an addictive personality
I had a cousin who drank a lot. It change his coloring. I have no idea how often he had been in treatment, but he was in a sober living house for a year. He was not out two weeks when he was found deceased in a chair at his apartment with a six pack in his backpack. He was in his 50's. I know there is so much about his troubled life that I know nothing about, and I think it was a relief for his family when he died.

water is all drink . don't need no stinkin alcohol , but i'm not against it .
I'm not against anyone drinking alcohol, as long as I am not expected to take care of a drunk, or pay for their addictions. I come from a family with many drunks, and alcohol makes me really sick. I consider that a blessing, but do not want to put that on anyone else. Live and let live! I drink more water than anything else.

Water here. I don't drink much alcohol. I keep some beer for my brother and guests and I have a cabinet of liquor but I haven't even had wine in ages. I do use a beer as a muscle relaxant when my back is too much to handle with aspirin. Water is good for me and it refreshes.

my shoes are all tore up, my toes stickin out
I drink some corn whiskey, straight from the spout
I bang on the table and make the glass ring
more brandy, more brandy, more brandy to drink
rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry
if I don;t get some rye whiskey I surely will die.

redemption.jpg

Water - chilled straight up.

my shoes are all tore up, my toes stickin out
I drink some corn whiskey, straight from the spout
I bang on the table and make the glass ring
more brandy, more brandy, more brandy to drink
rye whiskey, rye whiskey, rye whiskey I cry
if I don;t get some rye whiskey I surely will die.

View attachment 81145
I remember that song!!😁

Latest posts

Back