What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love fried or sauteed radishes! Figures, huh?! And I put them in salads raw about every night. Tonight I went to Church get together and had big salad (surprise! lol). I had made a sugar free pumpkin dessert and had a little of that too. Too bad sugar free doesn't mean calorie free! Had a good visit with friends!

Since I’m the only one in the house that likes chicken pot pie. I made myself a personal size pie in a Wagner bean pot and had enough dough left over for a pan of biscuitsView attachment 149

NOPE. You are not alone. I make a mean chicken pot pie
Yours looks GOOD !!

Cranked up the smoker

smoked sausage roll, stuffed with pepperoni ,cheddar,
Chicken legs
jalapenos stuffed with pepperoni, cream cheese cheddar

with sweet tea and for desert
lemon icebox pie

20200225_145038.jpg

Last night I threw some mushrooms, onions, garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, and xanthum gum into a pot and let it cook about 10 minutes then simmer for an hour. Then I browned a package of a leftover meat mixture from Norwegian meatballs and added that the mushroom sauce before letting it simmer another hour or so. We made a box of chickpea pasta and some green beans to put the mixture on. It wasn't too bad for a last minute thrown together dinner.

For tonight I have a pit ham slow cooking in a roaster. I will throw in some butter, cabbage, and onions later today.

Last night I threw some mushrooms, onions, garlic, heavy cream, chicken broth, and xanthum gum into a pot and let it cook about 10 minutes then simmer for an hour. Then I browned a package of a leftover meat mixture from Norwegian meatballs and added that the mushroom sauce before letting it simmer another hour or so. We made a box of chickpea pasta and some green beans to put the mixture on. It wasn't too bad for a last minute thrown together dinner.

For tonight I have a pit ham slow cooking in a roaster. I will throw in some butter, cabbage, and onions later today.
2 hrs cooking is last minute?😇 Last minute to me is popping open a jar of pot roast and toasting some bread to go with it.🤣

2 hrs cooking is last minute?😇 Last minute to me is popping open a jar of pot roast and toasting some bread to go with it.🤣

Last minute = what we were supposed to have didn't get thawed out so I had to put something together from the fridge. It took 2 hours to make but I put about 10 minutes of effort into it.

If we have to eat something with no time to spare, it always ends up being a charcuterie.

Y'all remember to thaw stuff out? That's one of the reasons I started canning. We never remembered to thaw stuff or soak beans or......

We are hardcore menu planners. We have 2 weeks of menu's posted on the board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Perhaps 2x a month someone forgets to take something out of the freezer. And that someone is usually me.

Simple quick chicken pot pie
Come home, You are tired and do not want to be bothered
BUT..the kids gotta be fed

2 frozen pie shells
1 can of dinty more stew
open the can, dump into 1 pie shell. put the other pie shell on the top. pinch the edges
yell at one of the kids to make a salad
350 till G brown..

Last night was a glorious piece of rump steak with a HUGE rim of fat, fried mushrooms with garlic butter and garlic chives and steamed broccoli.

Once the steak was rested I salted it well, added a large knob of butter and a generous squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
The butter, salt and lemon juice co-mingle on the hot steak and makes the most awesome sauce for sheer want of a better word.

I then had ripe brie and apricot conserve on crackers for pudding.

Last night I made some "hashbrown casserole", only with very very little hashbrowns. Chopped cauliflower, chopped onion, one small finely chopped potato, diced ham, cream of chicken soup, heavy cream, sour cream, shredded mild cheddar cheese, and fresh ground black pepper cooked in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low.

Tonight I am making what I call "keto poppers". Diced jalapeno, shredded monterey jack, mild cheddar, colby jack, asadero, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper flakes, onion powder, and finely chopped cooked bacon mixed together and placed into halved green bell peppers (which have been baked for 15 minutes and then cooled). Once stuffed with the cheesy jalepeno bacon mix, I pack the open top with additional chopped bacon and then bake until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.

I love fried or sauteed radishes! Figures, huh?! And I put them in salads raw about every night. Tonight I went to Church get together and had big salad (surprise! lol). I had made a sugar free pumpkin dessert and had a little of that too. Too bad sugar free doesn't mean calorie free! Had a good visit with friends!
Me, too. Especially when you sautee the radishes in butter. I am not much of a fan of eating them raw though. I too eat salads almost everytime I have a chance.

Last night I made some "hashbrown casserole", only with very very little hashbrowns. Chopped cauliflower, chopped onion, one small finely chopped potato, diced ham, cream of chicken soup, heavy cream, sour cream, shredded mild cheddar cheese, and fresh ground black pepper cooked in the slow cooker for 4 hours on low.

Tonight I am making what I call "keto poppers". Diced jalapeno, shredded monterey jack, mild cheddar, colby jack, asadero, salt, pepper, chili powder, cayenne pepper flakes, onion powder, and finely chopped cooked bacon mixed together and placed into halved green bell peppers (which have been baked for 15 minutes and then cooled). Once stuffed with the cheesy jalepeno bacon mix, I pack the open top with additional chopped bacon and then bake until the cheese is melted and the bacon is crispy.
I used to use cream of chicken soup and golden mushroom soup a lot. Interesting how life changes. I know I have some that is way outdated and should be pitched. That hashbrown casserole used to be one of my favorites and something I took for potlucks for years. Now, I like to take a green salad. I am thinking I may make that hashbrown casserole (called a hot dish in the Dakotas), without the soup, but with everything else. That might change the texture of the creaminess.

Latest posts

Back