What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crispy Italian Chicken with Zuccini and Garlic Cous Cous

20200623_122938.jpg

I'm cooking a simple dinner. Weight Watchers Shepard's Pie. This is not like the indulgent stuff that I love (think lamb and gravy and browned pastry topping!) This is a "healthy version". But it's reasonable decent for what it is if you're not a picky eater (needs fresh ground salt and pepper, which I add at the end). A simple complete meal. I don't bother obsessing with the amount of each ingredient. I use a pound of hamburger (because that's the way it usually comes), and "enough" of all the other stuff. I throw the chopped onion in with the raw hamburger and brown that all together, so the onion comes out more done.

WW_Shep_Pie.png

I bought a rotisserie chicken this morning so we'll be having that and I'm hungry for stuffing and steamed broccoli to go with it

Last night I fried up another catfish fillet, had fresh corn and salad fixin's from the garden.

Tonight I made spaghetti for mom and dad. I made the meat sauce from scratch using a mix of ground pork and ground beef that was on sale at the market... I think I've discovered the secret to a good meat sauce. It was more than yummy! The pork gave the sauce all sorts of flavor.

Last night I fried up another catfish fillet, had fresh corn and salad fixin's from the garden.

Tonight I made spaghetti for mom and dad. I made the meat sauce from scratch using a mix of ground pork and ground beef that was on sale at the market... I think I've discovered the secret to a good meat sauce. It was more than yummy! The pork gave the sauce all sorts of flavor.

Peanut how is your dad now? Hope he is doing ok.

Latest posts

Back