What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Italian Sausage with Roasted Peppers and Lemon Garlic Risotto

20200708_124935.jpg

I have some chicken broth to use up so I'm making some white bean and small pasta soup. Gonna add the other half of the smoked turkey sausage to it too to get that out of the fridge

@WVDragonlady You know what that does to me, right? Crabcakes! I made my own, can't stand pre-packaged or restaurant crabcakes. I made the best! There was maybe one restaurant I ever went to that made excellent ones but they are long gone. Do you make your own from a can of backfin?
I'd add egg, crushed saltines, mustard.
https://www.mydragonflycafe.com/maryland-jumbo-lump-crab-cakes/
1594877226446.png

I thawed out a whole chicken last night to have with rice and a salad, but my fav cousin called and said to come by for some corn they just picked for supper. So we had fresh corn, and a casserole. The casserole had a shredded potato bottom, hamburger top, and you plop some of that on the plate and add lettuce, crushed doritos, onion, and nacho sauce. Dessert was church cookies and ice cream, and I brought strawberries and cream. So the chicken is tonight.

I'm going to make breakfast for dinner tonight. My BIL is moving out of state this weekend so we are having him over for dinner and his most favorite thing to eat is strawberry waffles. I'll use my great grandma's waffle recipe and make the sauce at home. I'll also do the cayenne maple bacon. Yummmmm 😋

Back