What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a bone-in pork butt on the pellet smoker at 9:30 this morning. Took it off at 4:30 and it was falling apart tender and jucie. I made pulled pork sliders, vinegar-based coleslaw, my wife's great potato salad, baked beans, and iced tea. I am stuffed and looking forward to going to bed early.
There's enough left for a lot more sliders and tacos.

Cornbread cooked in a cast-iron skillet on the pellet grill, pinto beans, fried potatoes, fresh corn on the cob from the produce stand, onions in rice wine vinegar and sesame oil, and a glass of cold milk. If my tomatoes were ready it would have been perfect.
My wife made a dessert with blueberry yogurt, cool whip, and crushed gram crackers. I ate way too much again tonight.

yesterday we had pork roast, buttered noodles and steamed broccoli

today I'm making taco salads

so darn hot out geesh and hubby's working in it. I put some ice cold pineapple in his lunch for today. hopefully that will help cool him off

Had vegetables in frig that needed using up so got a pot of chicken(leftover) vegetable soup going on the stove top.
Medium diced potatoes, diced onion, cup of carrot coins, left over bowl of green beans from the garden, leftover chicken that didn't make it into chicken salad,broccoli, caulflower,peppers,bit of cabbage,dab of fresh spinach.
All threw into small stockpot along with quartered mushrooms, chicken broth, homemade rolls.
Plums for dessert.

Steak and Roasted Potatoes and Peas with Pepper Onion Shrimp with Creamy Salsa Verde

20200720_130730.jpg

I made a casserole with some of the pork roast, egg noodles, peas and carrots, mushrooms with a sauce made from cream mushroom soup, sour cream and some milk.
Turned out really good. Hubby ate 2 servings. (guess there goes my lunch for tomorrow lol)

Today I'm leaning towards crab cakes and pasta salad

Hubby is working outside and doesn't have any way to heat his food so I'm trying to think of things he can eat without being heated up and also help cool him down. He's been eating ice cold watermelon and loves it. He says it cools him down fast. He eats that first lol
I told him to put his food that needs heated in the dashboard of the work truck. It should at least be warmer. *shrugs*

Latest posts

Back