What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't like tilapia much. it is psychological. But I don't think they are the tastiest ever.

:ghostly:
"Since they are raised in crowded fish pens, tilapia are more prone to diseases. Farm owners give them antibiotics to prevent them from getting sick. They're also given pesticides to treat sea lice, a common problem. These chemicals are effective but are nevertheless harmful to people's health when ingested."

Yesterday I grilled some steaks on the griddler ( too darn hot and humid outside to use the grill) and made baked potatoes

Today is take out

Hey! how is tilapia? I've never eaten it but keep seeing frozen fillets on sale at the market... Been wondering about it. Is it similar to catfish or snapper? Or any other fish?
Catfish is better. Tilapia is a very mild fish, but I prefer it to Cod.

First you gotta have fresh fish. It can't be out of the water for more than a couple of days. If it is frozen it is no longer fish - it's textured soup.
Salmon, Cod, Tuna and Swordfish. Baked, poached, fried, grilled or smoked. You might notice I prefer salt water fish but I can tolerate Trout, Talapia, and Catfish.

Thanks @dademoss

I had to run an errand in the big town so… stopped by the good deli for London broil roast beast, baked beans and a loaf of Italian bread. Supper was roast beast sandwiches, beans and an ear of sweetcorn from the garden.

A neighbor made a pecan pie for dad, I swiped a couple of pieces… The pecans can from our trees so it was a yummy dessert.

pecan pie 55.JPG

Husband can only have plain meat or eggs today. No sauce, seasoning, oils, butter. So I brought him a couple pieces of plain chicken and hard boiled eggs. Getting ready for a PET scan in the morning. So I picked up a sandwich and some popcorn at the Loves driving in today, that I could eat for dinner. The sandwich was awful, but I was hungry. I have a few tangerines I brought I can eat.

I put a chuck roast in a dutch oven and put it on the pellet grill at 10 AM. I didn't want to heat the house so I used the pellet stove as an oven and it works great.
Cooked at 250 for 5 hours then added the vegetables and cooked for another hour.
Made gravy from the drippings. The roast was so tender you could cut it with a fork and it was juice too.
I have this pot roast thing down.
My wife doesn't object one little bit to me cooking Sunday supper.

Today I'm making lentil stew. I have the last of the pork roast to use up
I'll make garlic bread to go with it

since I burned my hand hubby brought home a rotisserie chicken and amish macaroni salad for supper.

Last edited:
Today will be the lentil stew. lol

I have the cream on the burns, gauze covering them and then wrapped the hand and I'll use a latex glove to cover it when I have to cut up the potatoes, onions and carrots

The peeps I got in march are just starting to lay... little, little eggs. Normal eggs, just really little. I prefer fried eggs... its a pain to fry a bunch of little eggs... Sooo...

Egg salad sandwiches for dinner with tomatoes I got at the farmers market, yummy.

Last edited:
I'm making a chicken and noodle casserole today for supper

Cooked off the rotisserie chicken and am cooking some noodles in it right now. Later I'll make a sauce, combine the chicken, noodles, shredded cheese and some frozen peas and carrots and cover with the sauce and bake it till bubbly

Latest posts

Back