What Are You Having For Dinner

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Amish Heart

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Hubby's bday dinner last night was takeout from the Amish restaurant and p butter choc pie. Cooking for the crowd tonight...hamburgers, baked beans, fruit salad, dark chocolate cream pies, homemade peach ice cream. I know one of my cousins is making potato wedges, the other sides brought will be a surprise.

Haertig

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I cooked some pork tenderloins out on the Traegar pellet grill (with hickory pellets). Man, do those things come out fantastic that way. So moist, so tender...

I added a side dish of the stuff below we found at Costco and decided to try. It was really good. Used chicken flavor "Better Than Bouillon" to cook it in. Added a touch of course ground sea salt to the rice mix, and some BBQ sauce to the pork. Wow. Great dinner!

p.s. - you do have to cook that rice mix about twice as long as the instructions say, otherwise there is too much water that doesn't absorb. I don't know if that's always the case, or just a problem up at elevation here in Colorado.

rice.jpg

Last edited:

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Pinto beans, mashed taters, meatloaf, fried okra, maters, cukes, onions & cornbread. Cantaloupe for dessert. Wow I am about to bust.
Now that made me hungry and we already ate. Garden fresh veggies,cornbread,we have cornmeal but no buttermilk or any kind of ilk for hat matter. But we are getting use to it, maybe onion filled hushpuppys and extra eggs won't matter as much. .

Latest posts