What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, please on the hotdog chili recipe. Back in the summer I bought 3 brands of hotdog chili in a can. All of them tasted just like hotdog chili in a can...:rolleyes:

I do like chili dogs in winter. My hotdog chili is in serious need of an upgrade.

Let us which was best?
Please and thank you.

Bear Creek and Carroll Shelby's Chili Kit where the two brands.

Individually, they were both good, but when mixed together? Oh my...
thumbsup2_zps0e01655d.gif

Best chili dog I've had in a long time!

Dinner wasn’t much… health issues. The only thing I had energy for was a microwave bowl of chef boyardee spaghetti and meatballs, crappy.

But I got hungry again about 9 and felt better so… Last night I’d fried up a catfish fillet and had some left over. 2nd dinner was a fried catfish sammich, tasty. Another reason I’m glad I have the air fryer. Anything warmed in a microwave with a crust gets soggy but not in an air fryer. The batter on my fish stayed nice and crunchy. Great sammich!

Catfish sammich (5) sm.JPG

cold fish and salad wraps with avocado dip.

I ran out of cold meat and I have a lot of reef fish fillets in the freezer.
I dredged the thawed fish fillets in seasoned flour and pan fried it in a mix of olive oil and butter.
The olive oil stops the butter from burning and the butter gives a wonderful flavor.
Chilling the cooked fillets gives them the texture of chicken.
I put them in a wrap with avocado dip and mixed salad with lots of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
The perfect meal for a VERY hot day when your appetite is sluggish.

Fish Pho recipe:
I used leftover unbreaded Alaskan Pollock fish
Thinly sliced mushrooms,mini sweet peppers(red,yellow and orange),celery.
I had baked the fish earlier for lunch.
Flake leftover fish, juices from pan, vegetable, I used Ramen noodles minus the seasoning packet.
Cooked in microwave 5-7 minutes on 70%.
Let set for few minutes to rest.
Thinly slice diagonally green onions.
Season to taste.

Latest posts

Back