What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr Meer, I'm drooling looking at that cake. Dr said I need to cut back on carbs though.

Mom still insists on eating potatoes even though they are high carb. I made my shepherd's pie but derped and forgot to cook the potatoes (I ran the microwave with the potatoes sitting next to the microwave instead of in it). I had to put them in and wait another 5 minutes so I fried some eggs on medium heat for a couple minutes and mixed them in with the potatoes. It turned out pretty good. I took a little over to some friends & they really liked it.

Dr suggested using rutabaga instead of potatoes in beef stew so we went and got some. My brother cooked the stew at a friend's house. We forgot the beef broth so he used beef bullion cubes. The rutabaga was better than potatoes. Stew was delicious. I ate too much of it.

Mr Meer, I'm drooling looking at that cake. Dr said I need to cut back on carbs though.

Mom still insists on eating potatoes even though they are high carb. I made my shepherd's pie but derped and forgot to cook the potatoes (I ran the microwave with the potatoes sitting next to the microwave instead of in it). I had to put them in and wait another 5 minutes so I fried some eggs on medium heat for a couple minutes and mixed them in with the potatoes. It turned out pretty good. I took a little over to some friends & they really liked it.

Dr suggested using rutabaga instead of potatoes in beef stew so we went and got some. My brother cooked the stew at a friend's house. We forgot the beef broth so he used beef bullion cubes. The rutabaga was better than potatoes. Stew was delicious. I ate too much of it.

Sorry, those potatoes will not cook that way, beside a cooker a? 😁 Meerkat has to watch carbs too. Maybe just one bite of cake wouldn't hurt too much.:dunno: We cook rutabaga, every now and then. Sometimes I will eat to much and suffer being to full, know the feeling. 😊

Dr suggested using rutabaga instead of potatoes

I use turnips a lot instead of potatoes. They work great and are lower in calories and carbs. They are both good!

The ladies from my Church are bringing us a meal today. One lady already stopped by with a salad and dessert. Another will be here in a while with a main dish.
So I don't know what I will be having yet.

T bone , bake potato, bread, canned baby green limas and sprite. :)

DSCN1251.JPG

A Lebanese family has owned a fast food joint by the university for decades. I was in town today so I had a real gyro. It was so delicious!!! Been craving one for months. Yes, they use lamb in their gyro loaf, wouldn’t be a real gyro without it. And they bake their own pita bread. They have other Lebanese food along with burgers etc. I’ve had about everything on the menu… all of it is yummy.

Our governor finally relaxed covid restrictions. This place has been closed since all this carp started, opened back up a few days ago. Sad, the best chinese food in town isn’t open for dine in customers yet but I noticed today they are open for takeout. A step in the right direction, counting the days until I can sit and have their amazing food again.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back