What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Past couple of days I've been eating the chunky chicken soup my brother made. It has baby bella mushrooms, bok choi, collard greens, kale, rutabaga and zucchini. It all sort of melted together & the veggies don't have strong tastes. Mom has been asking for seconds every time I get it for her.

Last night we had burgers grilled outside, then we made chicken stock. Today the wife plans to make about 4 chicken casseroles that will go into the freezer as "ready meals". Don't know what we will end up eating for supper. The sad thing is she will cook all day and come suppertime there will be nothing to eat. ;)

We did ground turkey tacos on the griddle.

AEA4C6AC-C12D-47C6-B879-C6476E99D8E9.jpeg
E7362761-85CA-4507-96CA-8A63D8C36C84.jpeg
864C8AE5-22AC-455E-9A21-EB05E24AA09D.jpeg

That looks good HB. I'm thinking I need a griddle!!!

We ate out tonight. Wife got chicken tacos which were really good. I got Cajan Etoufee. It was killer, just not enough crawdad it it.

We have been using it quite a bit since its warmed up. I probably would have never bought one but the local lumber yard gave it to me for my birthday a couple of years back.

I knew I'd be up half the night since I feel asleep in my chair this afternoon... I'd planned to make Brunswick stew tomorrow... What the heck, I'm making it tonight. Actually just turned off the stove eye. As soon as it cools I'll have a bowl. It tastes great... I used 1.5 lbs of smoked pork butt, both sliced and pulled. I had the guy throw in a couple of burnt ends. I used 2 cans of the fire roasted tomatoes, they add a lot of flavor... Other than that the recipe is simple, a diced onion, 3 cloves of fresh garlic, frozen butter beans and corn, 56 ounces of chicken broth... Simple to make.

Brunswick Stew 06  (1) sm.JPG

I have been active worked with my back my entire life absolutely ate what ever I wanted and never had any sort of weight issue. I started noticing about a month ago when I would be driving my truck my belt buckle would dig into my gut and I would end up undoing my belt when I was driving. I ended up getting the courage to step on a scale and I was shocked to see my weight at 234. So over the last couple of weeks I’ve really been trying to watch what I eat and this morning I was 218 if I can drop 18 more pounds I’ll feel a lot better about myself. Tonight I had a lightly bbq chicken breast, Brussels sprouts and a small sweet potato.

14EA6FFB-1A41-43F8-B43D-B209A7B52E60.jpeg

Tonight was my first one. Turned out ok. And yeah itll make a good sammich tomorrow

Made my first meatloaf a couple weeks ago. Learned its pretty forgiving and pretty basic. I even got the crust right. Didn't try a glaze, thats for the next one.

Had to go to the little town this evening. On the way back stopped at Sonic for a milk shake, tots and a chilidog, don't do that very often.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back