What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very decadent dinner today. Hubby wanted to go out. I chose Outback Steakhouse. He had prime rib, Caesar salad and fries and a beer.
I had filet mignon, a lobster tail, sweet potato and Caesar salad and a strawberry margarita. It was very good and I’m STUFFED. *burp*.

Last edited:
I put a bone-in ribeye in the fridge Saturday to thaw, that meal kept getting bumped. Yesterday morning I decide I'd better cook the ribeye before it went bad.

So I had ribeye and eggs for breakfast and ribeye and a salad for dinner. Something else... recently I bought a internal thermometer. The first time I pan fried a steak and finished it in the oven it came out past med-rare, almost medium. I followed the instructions and waited for the alarm to sound at 130 degrees for med-rare, obviously the instructions left something out.

Yesterday I pulled the steak out at 122 degrees. I watched the thermometer, the steak coasted up to 129 degrees before starting to drop. The steak was a perfect med-rare.

ribeye bone in sm.JPG
Tartar sauce (5) sm.JPG

I followed the instructions and waited for the alarm to sound at 130 degrees for med-rare, obviously the instructions left something out.
You need to take multiple readings in different parts of the steak.

I have the radio thermometer below for long term cooking (like smoking a brisket). It broadcasts from the smoker outside to the receiver inside. I set alarms so it notifies me when the meat is getting close to a target temperature. It comes with one meat probe and one air temperature probe. I bought an additional meat probe so that I can monitor two steaks or one brisket in multiple places. I don't need the air temp probe much, because my Traegar grill does a very good job of maintaining a constant temperature (it has it's own air probe that controls pellet feed speed and fan).

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke
But I use that fancy radio model far less than my instant read one:

https://www.thermoworks.com/ThermoPop
I would skip the radio model unless you do a lot of smoking. It's a bit overkill for just doing steaks or chicken breasts. I consider the instant read model to be mandatory.

Nope, luv some fried okra but that ain't it. That's catfish. I use the smallest fryer I could buy, to small for a catfish fillet. So I slice up the fillet, bread and fry it a few pieces at the time.
We have a restaurant here ... Famous Dave's BBQ. They server their catfish like that too. Little fingers or nuggets or whatever you want to call them. I was just there Tuesday for lunch with some friends. I had the brisket, sausage, and catfish combo plate. Baked potato. Cornbread. 😋

We went out for lunch today, I started with a Bloody Marry Alexandra had a White Cosmopolitan. I ordered the 21 oz ribeye Alexandra had the shrimp and Jake a full slab of ribs. For dessert I had coffee and Irish cream and the boy had ice cream. It was really a nice lunch and I’m back to chicken breast tomorrow.

B9F6BB74-DFD9-4C6B-A8C7-F579F3F1C22D.jpeg
88D98D7C-737B-4EBE-9148-6DDB3140D128.jpeg
4DEE5E97-9E25-4278-B0BF-2036EC0CE31C.jpeg
AF3AB5EB-4375-4194-A43E-0AA8A240F520.jpeg

We went out for lunch today, I started with a Bloody Marry Alexandra had a White Cosmopolitan. I ordered the 21 oz ribeye Alexandra had the shrimp and Jake a full slab of ribs. For dessert I had coffee and Irish cream and the boy had ice cream. It was really a nice lunch and I’m back to chicken breast tomorrow.

View attachment 66680View attachment 66681View attachment 66682View attachment 66683
I see you were at a Saltgrass Steakhouse. Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back