What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The other day I saw some sauerkraut in a bag. Silver Floss was the brand, from Wisconsin I think. I'd never tried it but sometimes like sauerkraut on hotdogs, a classic NY city style hotdog, heavy on the kraut and mustard. Anyway, I bought a bag.

This was some really good kraut!! I forgot to put it out yesterday with family so I opened the bag before dinner this evening. Now I have to cook some more dogs tomorrow!!!

Anyway, dinner was a NY hotdog, sweetcorn a neighbor brought over, a green salad and the last of the potato salad.

P_Silver-Floss-2lb-Poly-300x176.jpg

The other day I saw some sauerkraut in a bag. Silver Floss was the brand, from Wisconsin I think. I'd never tried it but sometimes like sauerkraut on hotdogs, a classic NY city style hotdog, heavy on the kraut and mustard. Anyway, I bought a bag.

This was some really good kraut!! I forgot to put it out yesterday with family so I opened the bag before dinner this evening. Now I have to cook some more dogs tomorrow!!!

Anyway, dinner was a NY hotdog, sweetcorn a neighbor brought over, a green salad and the last of the potato salad.

View attachment 69047
I make my own kraut but we love smoked sausage sliced and sautéed with onions then add a bunch of kraut. So yummy.

Worst dinner ever tonight.

The wife said, "Look, they have sushi on sale for $5 at Sprouts!" Oh boy, ... grocery store sushi. I just couldn't wait. 😟 And it was as bad as I imagined. No taste what so ever. None. It was like eating air, with a tad of fiber added. The wife raved about it, I about threw up. I like real sushi. My daughter and I used to go out to get that often, before she moved to Hawaii. You can really rack up a bill with high end sushi though. But it is good. Not like the grocery store stuff that shares nothing in common with real sushi, except for the name.

I tried to wash that junk down with a cookie afterwards. The only thing I could find was a Keebler chocolate chip cookie. The wife bought those the other day to fill out a group of "buy five items on the list, save $5 dollars". Didn't have time to search the store for a better choice, so we just grabbed the cookies to get a total of five items. That Keebler cookie was about as bad as the sushi. No taste. Dry. You couldn't tell if it was ten years stale, or supposed to be that way. A total waste of calories.

Tomorrow, we're going to eat GOOD again. Sure, buying prepared junk from the grocery store is easy and takes zero effort. But tonight was horrible. Might as well have eaten the packaging rather than the contents. It would have probably been just about as good.

Worst dinner ever tonight.

The wife said, "Look, they have sushi on sale for $5 at Sprouts!" Oh boy, ... grocery store sushi. I just couldn't wait. 😟 And it was as bad as I imagined. No taste what so ever. None. It was like eating air, with a tad of fiber added. The wife raved about it, I about threw up. I like real sushi. My daughter and I used to go out to get that often, before she moved to Hawaii. You can really rack up a bill with high end sushi though. But it is good. Not like the grocery store stuff that shares nothing in common with real sushi, except for the name.

I tried to wash that junk down with a cookie afterwards. The only thing I could find was a Keebler chocolate chip cookie. The wife bought those the other day to fill out a group of "buy five items on the list, save $5 dollars". Didn't have time to search the store for a better choice, so we just grabbed the cookies to get a total of five items. That Keebler cookie was about as bad as the sushi. No taste. Dry. You couldn't tell if it was ten years stale, or supposed to be that way. A total waste of calories.

Tomorrow, we're going to eat GOOD again. Sure, buying prepared junk from the grocery store is easy and takes zero effort. But tonight was horrible. Might as well have eaten the packaging rather than the contents. It would have probably been just about as good.
Sorry, poooo!

Latest posts

Back