What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOVE shepherd's pie! Like it cold for breakfast the next day. Hope that's not too weird everyone, I have no limits on breakfast😁😳
Same with me. I’ll eat anything for breakfast. Leftover meat loaf, spaghetti, pizza, pot roast……whatever. But today I had good old fashioned steel cut oats with cinnamon, turbinado sugar, walnut pieces and raisins. Tomorrow might be cheesy grits. We ate all the leftovers for dinner tonight. 😁

Same with me. I’ll eat anything for breakfast. Leftover meat loaf, spaghetti, pizza, pot roast……whatever. But today I had good old fashioned steel cut oats with cinnamon, turbinado sugar, walnut pieces and raisins. Tomorrow might be cheesy grits. We ate all the leftovers for dinner tonight. 😁
Soul sister☺️

Since I’ve been out of the hospital, I’ve had mad cravings. Only for everything to taste like a salt block! Today it was oysters put a 180 miles on around the Ozarks looking for those today and finally found a couple of dozen tiny ones. The boy bought 2lbs of ground beef and made a monster burger and I had a few of the oysters. I hope this goes a way soon I like to eat way too much for this!
DCAD9BAB-F857-4CB5-8598-AFC2A41BB693.jpeg
4FDD6477-9DCB-4CF7-AE01-5F6A9F0B5482.jpeg
BCECCA39-353C-472F-8A18-6A2EEA9220AF.jpeg

Made Mexican goulosh in the crock pot!! Almost a pound of leftover taco meat, a can of ranch style beans (large), a can of Rotel, diced peppers and onions! Let it go on low for a few hours then threw in a handful of ditalini pasta for the last hour. Made green chili corn bread to go with it🔥. One of those " let's see how it turns out suppers, 👍.

2# of pinto beans in the slow cooker with ham, onions, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Added half a jar of leftover BBQ pork from yesterday. Why not? Making yellow season cauliflower rice to go with. I want corn bread, but not quite there yet.
👍my kind of eatin'🙂

Last week we went to visit a cousin. She said our Grandma taught her to fry chicken. She proved it for supper that night.
Today I fried chicken and it came out almost exactly like Grandma's.
My wife said I can fry chicken anytime I want.
I am missing 1 spice but I will get it. All we had was boneless, skinless thighs.
Grandma had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade biscuits, and corn every Sunday.
20211003_174320.jpg

Last week we went to visit a cousin. She said our Grandma taught her to fry chicken. She proved it for supper that night.
Today I fried chicken and it came out almost exactly like Grandma's.
My wife said I can fry chicken anytime I want.
I am missing 1 spice but I will get it. All we had was boneless, skinless thighs.
Grandma had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, homemade biscuits, and corn every Sunday.
View attachment 73257
Wow, that looks GREAT!

More leftovers. Taquitas, that black bean salad I made and added peppers to it, salsa.
@angie_nrs are you the one who said you don't eat every day or you skip meals? I don't skip, but I don't have a reason to fix a big dinner every day. Still trying to learn how to fix smaller meals. I haven't had a big freezer since I moved to TX.

Lake trout, fresh caught not more than 2 hour ago.

How do you cook your lake trout? I haven’t had that in decades. I think my grandparents and my mom pan fried it.

I wish I took a picture of the 23 inch trout. Nice and meaty. The wife prepared the trout and I grilled it, so I am not privy to all she put in. It was cleaned, cut in two and each half was wrapped in aluminum foil and I had it on the grill near 30 minutes. Opening up the foil after cooking revealed that she had slices tomatoes, onions, celery, lemon, and cilantro. My guess is that she coated with olive oil, beer and used a bit of old bay seasoning.

It was pared with the last of our kale from the garden and red potatoes from the garden.

My beautiful wife n me made a lasagna. She portioned it out so we could freeze some. Or it would last all week. We did use store bought burger. For the first time since I can remember we didn't have moose burger in the freezer. Lot of water n fat in that stuff.
Sure glad our son brought us a basket full of moose that night. There is a big difference

Tonight we are having fajitas. This was what we were supposed to have last night until I caught that trout! We will probably cook it on top of our wood stove in two cast iron skillets. One will be for the meat and the other for the peppers and onions.

Latest posts

Back