What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We sit down every Wednesday after dinner but before church and the kids submit requests for sack lunches, snacks and sometimes dinners. Then the wife and I prepare a 7-day menu before Thursday evening (that begins on Sunday). Thursday evening while she sits at gymnastics she uses the wifi hotspot and the iPad in her SUV to order our groceries online. Friday around 4pm the delivery van arrives and a college age person carts our groceries up to the door as my kids line up to carry bags to the kitchen. I then put the groceries away, usually with the help of a child or two. This cycle is rarely ever broken and has been going on for around 20 years now. Only in the old days we had to go pick up our groceries. When you have as many kids as we do structure and routine are quite necessary.

Deconstructed egg roll in a bowl: shredded cabbage, ground chicken, onion, garlic, ginger, black pepper, sesame oil, sriracha sauce, green onion, toasted sesame seeds, etc. It's absolutely delicious and wonderfully spicy.

We sit down every Wednesday after dinner but before church and the kids submit requests for sack lunches, snacks and sometimes dinners. Then the wife and I prepare a 7-day menu before Thursday evening (that begins on Sunday). Thursday evening while she sits at gymnastics she uses the wifi hotspot and the iPad in her SUV to order our groceries online. Friday around 4pm the delivery van arrives and a college age person carts our groceries up to the door as my kids line up to carry bags to the kitchen. I then put the groceries away, usually with the help of a child or two. This cycle is rarely ever broken and has been going on for around 20 years now. Only in the old days we had to go pick up our groceries. When you have as many kids as we do structure and routine are quite necessary.
That's cool. Where do you order them from?

That's cool. Where do you order them from?

We had three full size grocery stores in town when Walmart and Target started selling groceries. One quickly went under and the other two started to feel the declining sales. That's when the larger one (a regional chain store) decided to start delivering to your door for free if you spent more than $150. They actually called us and asked us to take part of their delivery pilot program. We have had them delivered ever since. They also opened a has station and offer reduce gas pricing based on what you buy and how much you spend at the grocery store.

We had three full size grocery stores in town when Walmart and Target started selling groceries. One quickly went under and the other two started to feel the declining sales. That's when the larger one (a regional chain store) decided to start delivering to your door for free if you spent more than $150. They actually called us and asked us to take part of their delivery pilot program. We have had them delivered ever since. They also opened a has station and offer reduce gas pricing based on what you buy and how much you spend at the grocery store.

That sounds like the small grocery store here. I didn't even know they did that until I asked one of the cashiers why they had to vans out front. They are the only option to walmart. There used to be a food basket here but it is now a tractor supply.

Last food delivered to me was in 1960s. We had a milk man back then. I did have the luxury of diaper delivery too back then when diapers were cloth instead of fiber and plastic. Sure beat stomping them out in the bathtub.

I have to work through dinner time. But I organized an "all day" chili, soup or stew potluck here as we have 100+ people on today. The cafeteria has two tables full of crock pots right now and a 3rd one set up and waiting for more people to arrive. Of course there is also a table full of cookies, donuts, brownies, meat & cheese trays, etc.

Bierocks and fried taters!
broc1.jpg
broc2.jpg

That sounds fantastic! Did you butcher a hog?

A while back. We finished all the not spicy sausage and I can't stand the spicy stuff so I took all the big cuts to make more mild sausage for me and one of the girls. Hubby and the other girl like the spicy stuff but whenever we have company hubby always uses the mild sausage.

Man, the stove was still dirty in that picture.:oops: Its clean now! Promise!:D

We are having what is commonly referred to as hashbrown casserole. Only instead of hashbrowns we use a mixture of chopped and roasted cauliflower, sauteed onions & mushrooms and scrambled eggs. Then we add the chopped ham, bacon, homemade cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese and colby jack cheese.

We are having what is commonly referred to as hashbrown casserole. Only instead of hashbrowns we use a mixture of chopped and roasted cauliflower, sauteed onions & mushrooms and scrambled eggs. Then we add the chopped ham, bacon, homemade cream of chicken soup, cheddar cheese and colby jack cheese.
How can it be hashbrown casserole with out the hashbrowns?s o_O That sounds like a crazy veggie casserole.:devil:

Latest posts

Back