What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! This is the best day in a couple weeks so I think it's pretty much behind me. It keeps trying to fight back, just like when I had it in september. I should have done it sooner but today I started dosing with a full array of antivirals.

When I ate pizza this evening I had a good appetite. So two good meals today, a good sign.

I sat here all day trying to decide what I wanted for dinner… I just put a pizza in the oven. I couldn’t decide… I have a fridge full of options from T-bone, catfish, shrimp, a dozen possibilities for ground chuck. Even made rice last night, perfect for fried rice today…

I could not make up my mind!!! I usually decide on dinner in about 10 seconds… Ever have one of those days when nothing sounds good? Not even pizza!
Yes, this was me tonight. And I didn't eat dinner, because I couldn't decide. I didn't eat anything, just drank tea.

I think I had the lastest virus strain over the last 2 weeks. Last week I felt bad like I did before, a night here, another there. I had one afternoon when my nose smelled something burning when there wasn't. This week I've felt blah! everyday. Today was the first day I wanted and made a good brunch from scratch, eggs, bacon and hashbrowns.

This evening I feel to crappy to eat. I think that's the reason.
Uh, oh. I hope this is not what I've got going on! I haven't smelled anything burning, but my nose was running today when I was out in the cold.

It difficult for me to distinguish sometimes. With CFS I have a great many bad days, where I don't feel like eating. Some flu symptoms are identical to CFS symptoms so it can get confusing.

I have to eat because missing a meal with CFS can result in very bad consequences... So I always eat something, even if its peanut butter and crackers.

Made a late breakfast for daughter and me. I had two eggs, sausage, toast with peanut butter, and milk. I'm trying to be sure to have at least one high protein meal a day and that one should have been around 40 grams. Daughter had one egg and toast with butter and a little jam. She's still recovering from covid and her appetite isn't great at the moment...

Yes, this was me tonight. And I didn't eat dinner, because I couldn't decide. I didn't eat anything, just drank tea.
If and when I skip dinner, I have a really hard time falling to sleep and staying to sleep. I really like sleeping at night and it was later when I finally went to sleep, and early when I woke up!

Something different tonight... a can of Manwich was in my pantry. I haven't eaten that stuff in decades. It must have been on sale. Its been in my pantry a very long time, expired last september.

I had a 1/2lb of chuck thawed... I browned the meat with onions, bell pepper and fresh garlic and had a manwich. The meat had great flavor... and the manwich sauce tasted just like manwich sauce... :rolleyes:

I had an ear of sweet corn, surprisingly tender... and baked beans from the good deli in town.

If I croak before dawn... the manwich killed me! 🤣

Today was lazy meal day. Went out and picked up some Vietnamese food. "Combo Vermicelli Bowl". Beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, and eggrolls grilled and diced up over noodles, lettuce, carrots, onions and peanuts. Some kind of sauce too, but I don't know what that was. Fish sauce maybe? It was orange and had a bit of zing to it.

This stuff was really good!

We had manwich sloppy joe with cheddar cheese on it. I plan to still be alive. Mine would of expired July of 22. So maybe you won't live, Peanut. Oh well. You went past the date.

It's funny but it didn't taste like I remembered, its been some time since I ate one. I had them occasionally as a kid and liked them.

Today it wasn't bad. I think I'll get a few more cans, it's a quick and simple change up. Sometimes when a real dinner isn't possible manwich can fill in once in a while. I get bored eating the same thing 3 or 4 days. This last 10lb stick of 80/20 ground chuck I vacuum sealed. I divided much of it down to 1/2lb portions. It gives me latitude with trying different things every couple of days.

My day to eat what I want, and I wanted a hand hammered chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy.

CB53DA04-BFF3-4EC8-8787-E6546D289C98.jpeg

The wife does a charity dinner on a Sunday night every month. She prepares a pasta dinner, which is then frozen over night, and she drops it off Monday morning for transportation to the local charity.

The charity folks gave us a recipe for the dish that was...so so. They want uniformity, so they ask that people stick to the recipe.

But, after making it for the past year, she decided she could make it better, and for cheaper, by just using her amazing meat sauce recipe for the pasta.

So, now she makes my second favorite meal (after steak :)), which is her meat sauce pasta, for charity every month...and she just makes some extra for me. :cool:

So, me and the homeless folks get one of my favorite meals every month. :cool: A pretty good deal for all involved.

Latest posts

Back