What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yucatan style shrimp tostadas with lime crema

20220607_185534.jpg

We came into town a little after 6pm, and the sitter was taking the kids to the burger place with the tractor and horse trailer, so we got food to go from the amish restaurant here. Ate it on the porch, beautiful night. I had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, sweet corn, and a bread roll with cinnamon honey butter. Grabbed a coconut cream pie for dessert.

We came into town a little after 6pm, and the sitter was taking the kids to the burger place with the tractor and horse trailer, so we got food to go from the amish restaurant here. Ate it on the porch, beautiful night. I had fried chicken, mashed potatoes with cream gravy, sweet corn, and a bread roll with cinnamon honey butter. Grabbed a coconut cream pie for dessert.
Glad you are HOME!!

Tonight, a Hot Mett and some Cole Slaw. If the weather is good tomorrow, maybe a trip to :

Come out to the Cincinnati Donauschwaben Society in Colerain Township and enjoy authentic German Bier, Food, and Live Music!

I could walk there, but I bet I couldn't walk home :p

I decided on kolbasa on a stick with chick fil a sauce and dinner style french toast, that being with salt n pepper and ketchup as a dip.

Homemade carne asada burritos... I have some tortillas left over from my last batch of chicken burrito mix, and I also have some shredded cheese I want to finish. Bought some fresh spicy 'Pico de Gallo' to toss into the mix. The tortillas & cheese are still perfectly fresh, but I like to rotate all my fridge stock so nothing is wasted (except the cook, lol). ;)

I buy thinner cuts of beef for this purpose, the packages are a little cheaper and I'm gonna fill out the mix with veggies & whatnot, so it's a way to conserve a little cash. The burritos are still mighty tasty, so I'm a happy camper. Not hungry yet with this heat, I'll make the mix a little later... right now, it's cold beer in the A/C, lol. Tonight, 'JAWS' on DVD! :oops:

P.S. That 'Albuquerque Tortilla' brand isn't bad, the flour tortillas stay pretty fresh when properly stored in the fridge. I always check for the freshest & softest flour tortillas on the store shelf, don't want any tortillas that taste like cardboard, lol. With corn tortillas it's not such an issue, those will probably be cooked anyway, not just nuked with cheese, lol... :rolleyes:

Tried something new the other night, felt really bad, exhausted. I decided on some dinty M beefstew. It's not bad poured over garlic mashed potatoes (fresh from the garden).

Special night, cooked for the folks. I smoked ribeye's on the grill with pecan wood. Fresh ears of sweet corn from the garden. Made hash browns (fried taters n onions also from the garden)

Latest posts

Back