What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We made 42 oz tomahawk ribeyes with baked potatoes corn on the cob. Appetizers was bacon wrapped prawns with a mixed green salad and apple pie and ice cream for dessert,

2147827B-058C-40F9-9C1F-1EE62180C6B8.jpeg

Had sweetcorn for a couple weeks. Had the last ear the other night so I did it right... A t-bone, salad, melon.

Finally, tomatoes from the garden! Had a real summer lunch yesterday, a mater sammich on white bread, mayo and cracked pepper. (need to make a batch of mayo). Had chips, cantaloupe and watermelon for dessert.

food t bome a.JPG
food tomato sammich a.JPG

Doing the weekly detox. tomorrow its Bean n cheese ranch wraps with Doritos and Dos Equis XX

Lemon/baking soda and distilled water isn't bad ice cold.
I can see this as a kind of sweetener free 7 up. :p
It needs a kicker somehow. maybe Louisiana hot sauce?

I made pasta last night. Followed this recipe 98%. Those who know me, know there will never be mushrooms in anything I make. Turned out pretty well. My wife liked it, so that means I can make it again.

At the bargain counter I bought a big smoked ham for €5 (half price) and in Lidls a turkey breast for €2! with veg out of my own garden there's enough for all of us for dinner tonight and tomorrow night. so no cooking tomorrow! Quiche and pavlova in the oven also.

This is a good news/bad news post. The bad news is I took one for the team. I ate some beef jerky that was three years past the expiration date with no ill effects. Didn't taste any different than new. No gastric eruptions afterwards. More bad news: I dug out an old MRE, BBQ beef to be exact, and ate it for dinner. If that is what our GI's ate, I have no idea how we ever won a war. It was dreadful. I can only surmise that our adversaries were eating worse. It would fill the void if you were starving, but I wouldn't eat another one voluntarily.

The good news is this is what I will be making for dinner Sunday night. We are going out with friends tonight, so it can wait a day. The even better news is that the Wal Mart close to me stocks a product called Mirepoix. It is minced onions, carrots, and celery in one small container. Saves all the time chopping. Just dump the container in the frying pan.

We dispatched a boar the other night.🐗

Q: How is dinner cooking?
A: Slow Cooker

I LOVE my slow cookers. I literally use it more so than my oven! I love the fact that I can "Throw and Go".

On The Menu: Stew
Made With:
Mixed Vegetables, Rice, and of course...Hog Meat.🐗

I have been making a different veg from the garden every day. Yesterday was Swiss chard with Korean bbq chicken ( our cornish cross ) and rice
day before cabbage casserole with ground lamb
today fennel , carrots and sausage ( the sausage is from the store, can't believe the prices) and potatos

Tonight it is................. kielbasa, taters and vidalia onions. Mmmm.....mmm............good!

Or as a friend of mine says, nomnomnom lol.

1658254432098.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back