What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a 2nd attempt at vegetable fried rice. I sautéed mushrooms in butter, threw in a pack of frozen peas & carrots, threw in some of a pack of frozen corn, seasoned with garlic salt. Set that aside and heated up yellow rice (that I'd made a few days prior) in sesame oil. Dumped the veggies in with the rice & added some ginger, onion powder (bc I can't have hydrated onions), garlic powder, etc. Then in the pan I cooked veggies in I scrambled some eggs in butter. Mixed those in with the rice and voila:
(this is after we ate some of it)
1674445428755.png

I likes my black eyed peas, I don't have them often as the wife isn't crazy about them, broccoli either, lol.

Not being a big fan of eating beef…daughter bought ribeye the other day and I read a little about it, etc. Cooked it and was NOT impressed. Certainly don’t need all that fat. Had taters with it, precious. Tonight had chicken baked with a lot of powdered ginger and soy sauce on it. Very tasty. Green beans. Jasmine rice.

I don't really like beef and especially stuff like steak much either, thought I was the only one...

Used up the very last of the very big chicken I made sunday with rice , broccoli and General Tsao sauce. It was better than expected, the sauce came from a jar .

I likes my black eyed peas, I don't have them often as the wife isn't crazy about them, broccoli either, lol.
They have to be cooked right, seasoned well. I like mine with lots of bacon. I have had some really not good black eyed peas, and I have had some really good ones. I like to cook up a pound and then freeze them in meal sized containers.

I tried to cancel with one of my clients today so that I could go to a funeral, but they were in need of their dog going out, so she left me a container of homemade chicken noodle soup. That is pretty much all I've eaten today.

OK so the fish salad was ok but not great.

I think I prefer my fish grilled and the salad dressed with lemon juice and salt.

Live and learn.
I think the tuna has to be straight out of the water for this to work properly and not brought from a supermarket fish case.
It was a good for you meal, right now that is so very important! It sure sounded like it was going to be GREAT! You can always try again!!😉

Last night made braised beef in the slow cooker, with veg and cream mash. Tonight is fish.
It's often on sale, so I buy it then- two cod fillets in ginger and chilli down from €3 to 90c. I wait until I have collected a few packs in the freezer as I'm feeding six.

Oh, I wanted to buy more tots today when I went to the amish grocer today. But I have to start clearing out the freezer for the half cow. No more frozen stuff for awhile. I took all the sweet corn, kale, and green beans out of the freezer and put it in the dehydrators. Missing tots.

I actually don't have a plan for dinner today- doing roast chicken and ham for tomorrow so that I can make a c&h pie for Monday from the leftovers. Like Amish, I've started working through the freezer, not yet replacing what I take out. I'm trying to use up fruit and veg from the garden I froze, as well as the different types of bread and rolls that I buy for 50c when the date is up. There's stuff in there from before Covid.
I'm a bit like a confirmed smoker at the minute, running out of cigs! I'm using everything, but not buying more, and part of me feels panicky because I'm not restocking. I'm so entrenched in keeping a stash that it's a bit alien! I'm also slightly concerned something major will happen and prices will rocket, but there you go, that's where I'm at :D
Might make fajitas tonight? 🤔 The local cinema club are showing a new movie so we are going to that tonight- a fiver instead of the cinema €10!

Oh, I wanted to buy more tots today when I went to the amish grocer today. But I have to start clearing out the freezer for the half cow. No more frozen stuff for awhile. I took all the sweet corn, kale, and green beans out of the freezer and put it in the dehydrators. Missing tots.
There's no excuse, get some tots!!😃🙃

Back