What Are You Having For Dinner

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homemade chicken noodle soup.
Made with chicken broth left from canning my broth up.
Celery thinly sliced leaves and all, 2 thinly sliced button mushrooms, 2 thinly sliced portabella mushrooms,oven roasted chicken breast sliced and diced.
1 each thinly sliced red,yellow,red and green mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced purple onion,pepper,pepper flakes,piece of bay leaf simmered on top of stove.
At least it was colorful.
Yum!
Dessert was the last of the old fashion gingerbread, warmed with melted butter on it. Double Yum!

Last edited:
Late Wednesday I made a pot of chili. Isn't it amazing how things like chili or lasagna get better after a couple of days in the fridge?

I had a big bowl of chili tonight. :)
This is true.

As a person who gets migraines, I learned that mold is a big cause of migraines. I learned that I should keep something in the fridge 3 to 4 days before I should no longer eat it, or eat it and get a migraine. What I haven't eaten by day 3 either gets packaged for the freezer or goes in the trash.

My migraines were caused by a combination of stimuli. Caffeine in conjunction with too much smoking, any dry red wine, smoked or sharp cheese and stress.
I reduced my stress by walking - up to 17 miles a day at one point and learning to say "NO" when I really didn't want to do something. I avoided the foods that triggered migraines and learned to meditate, thanks to a therapist. I was writing a piece of software to track lunar cycles when I realized there was a correlation between them and my migraines. At that time I was only getting migraines about twice a month and always within 3 days of a full or new moon - around the highest tides of the month. I presented my records of my migraines (yes, I kept records) and a copy of the tidal charts to my neurologist. He could find no reason for it and said there was probably other things that were the actual cause but my list of meals, drinks and activities didn't seem to have any correlation so I just accepted my findings as "unusual apparitions". Just after a night out with my wife (before we got married), I was driving home and began to get the precursors. I pulled over and let her drive home. I got home and was reaching for my Imitrex when I decided that this was stupid. I called a friend who was a Reiki master and had a treatment as the migraine was taking hold. It was gone in about 5 seconds. I haven't had one since. It is going on 12 years now and I can enjoy a glass of wine, sharp cheeses and all the caffeine I can consume without getting a migraine.
For those of you who don't know what Reiki is it is a Japanese form of healing that is practiced by those who are trained and attuned to channel the creative life force of creation (or the Creator) to return a physical body to its norm. It is not "faith healing" as it works on plants and animals as well as on people. The sensation of the healing is like being immersed in the womb and surrounded by the love of God. It was, to me, as though Jesus had gently put His arms around me and removed the migraine. I almost expected to hear, "Go and sin no more." - but I didn't. I just felt loved and at peace. There you go. Spooky action in proximity.

Doing some pork chops in the crock pot with some greek dressing poured over them to cook. I'll make some scalloped potatoes and some green beans to go with them

Had the " what do you want for Thanksgiving" conversation with the hubby. lol He wants some spiral sliced ham so thats what I'll be making. My homemade cranberry sauce will go good with it, I'll have to figure out what else to make with the ham. Still have about 3 weeks to figure it out

Didn't grill flat iron steak last night.
Possibly tonight.
If not leftovers again.
Stir fry flat iron steak only about a third of it,with celery, orange,yellow,red sweet mini peppers
1/4 cup of sliced onions, portabella mushrooms, white button mushrooms served over steamed rice.
Will put rest of flat iron steak in crock pot in the morning for supper tomorrow night.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back